cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply All

Denzil
Grafter

Reply All

We got an email from someone at a large organisation who is a customer, who sent an email to everyone on her contact list (about 100 email addresses) asking suppliers to confirm their details.
We then got an email from one of the other suppliers who had done a Reply All, confirming their email address.
This was followed by another.
This was followed by another asking everyone to stop using Reply All.
This was followed by another warning of the dangers of Reply All.
This was followed by another asking what was going on and who was using Reply All.
This was followed by another saying "Not me". Smiley
This was followed by another asking what was going on, and suggesting we set up a conference call to discuss it.  Grin
And so it escalated.
I'm not sure how many responses there have been so far, but about a third are seeing the funny side, a third are getting annoyed and demanding it all stop, and the rest are just confused... and they are all replying to everyone. We haven't heard from the original sender yet, funnily enough.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Reply All

Rather like the newbie who complained to a well known computer manufacturer that he could not find the "Any" key that he was told to press!!  Lol
Cheesy
Community Veteran

Ah but which is worse: the use of Reply All, or the fact the sender didn't BCC everyone's addresses in the first place? Thankfully I don't think I've ever been ‘Reply-All-bombed’ but if ever someone sends an e-mail to me and a long list of visible addresses, I reply back kindly requesting that they use BCC in future.
Denzil
Grafter

Heard this from a colleague who used to work for a council - apparently somebody once did the same with 25,000 recipients within the council, who all promptly answered with Reply All and took out the mail server.
Lurker
Grafter

I always hit Reply-All if a company is unprofessional enough to send To or CC lots of folks who don't know each other.
Its quite amusing.
Community Veteran

spam started coming my way when a friend did this. since i pointed her in the direction of bcc, the spam load has eased off and i no longer get her entire mailing list.
pierre_pierre
Grafter