cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the White Space on this forum. (and others)

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: Removing the White Space on this forum. (and others)

That's much better. Yes I'm getting the standard Plusnet darker grey which personally I'm happy with. As I mentioned beofre it seems to be the same an output from google and I'd not had any problem with that really.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Ah, Good.... It is "thin" on my copy,.. but proper Black, which is what I like.. All we need to do now is to get Mook to have a look at this line spacing on the Stylish coding.  

It probably looks ok on the "normal" Plusnet pages.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Your last post is looking absolutely fine to me shutter.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

OK ... It is just on the "stylish"  i.e. "my side" that the line spacing is corrupted somewhere... if Mook doesn`t come back about it, I will have to take a double page look at old and new stylish coding and see what the differencess are, and play about to sort it...

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shutter, @Anotherone - Replace the rule for the P element with the following CSS, this will fix the line spacing issue.

p { color: #000000; font-size: 100%; line-height : 1; padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0;}

You can change the color: value if needed 000000 is black i.e. so to get gray you could use #CCCCCC or anything that takes your fancy. The line-height is now a multiplier of the font-size used so should work for everything.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

OK Mook... I think that has fixed it .... looks pretty good.... I will now go to the original post and see if I can remove the orginal coding, and replace it with  "Mook & Gerry`s Plusnet Blue, with black text" coding ! ! ! ..

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, a couple more tweaks for the adventurous. If you add the following:

#nav_footer { display: none ; visibility: hidden; }

it will remove footer from the bottom of the page: i.e. all of the dark area.

If you want to reduce the noise even more your can add :

.lia-user-avatar-message, .lia-message-tags, .MessagesPositionInThread, .lia-message-statistics { display: none ; visibility: hidden; }

This will remove all avatars (including your own) but the username is still present, along with 'Add Tag" and read counts.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Where are the mods when you need one  ? ? ? ? ? ? ?   ! ! 

At present, the mods are playing hide and seek with me... When I said I wanted to change my original post, there were 3 mods showing as online.... so I reported my thread, and explained the situation regarding changing the code.

They have all disappeared, and 1 hour later, no reply.. so I spotted another mod on line, and have just sent him a PM about it...   by the time I had sent it... he too had disappeared..

So.. it looks like, we shall have to wait until morning before any changes can be made.   Cry

EDIT EDIT EDIT....

Well, it seems my tears of woe can be turned to tears of joy and happiness...   I had a PM from a mod, and he has kindly offered to edit the original post with my reply... so all should be well in the world very soon...... People will be able to get rid of the white background, and also be able to have BLACK text  ... RESULT.. ! .  Thanks to Mook for all his work on the coding for Stylish...

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The new code is now available on the original post....

Thanks to Mav for his work in editing my orignal post, for the benefit of all those who want to avail themselves of the colour change via Stylish

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to go all extreme you could replace (or add) this line :

#nav_footer { display: none ; visibility: hidden; }

with this one :

#nav_footer, .quicklinks, .header { display: none ; visibility: hidden; }

This will remove the Plusnet header, and the Useful links banner and buttons.

Highlighted
Grafter

I haven't done anything with the colours, but this is a rough initial attempt at a Stylish style to take some of the pain away but it should only apply to viewing a message thread.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("community.plus.net") {

body {line-height:1!important;}
  p { font-size: 100%; line-height : 1.1; padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0;}

.headernav-buttons a, .lia-slide-out-nav-menu .lia-slide-out-nav-menu-wrapper {height:30px!important; padding:2px 16px 4px!important;}

.lia-nodes-community-title-text {padding:3px 20px 2px!important;}
  .lia-quilt-layout-pn-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-column-message-body {padding:0px;}

.lia-quilt-column .lia-quilt-column-06, .lia-quilt-column .lia-quilt-column-06 div {padding:0px 0px 0px 3px!important; margin:0px!important;}
  .lia-quilt-row {padding-top:6px!important;}
  .lia-quilt-forum-message .UserAvatar > img {height:28px; width:28px;}
  .lia-quilt-column-alley-left {display:inline;}
  .lia-quilt-column-alley-left div {float:left; padding:0px 6px;}
  .lia-component-author-rank {display:inline; padding:0px 6px;}
  .local-friendly-date {padding-left:38px!important;}
  .lia-message-kudos lia-component-kudos {margin-bottom:0px;}
  .lia-component-kudos .lia-component-kudos-widget-button .lia-button-image-kudos .lia-button-image-kudos-count .kudos-count-link {line-height:30px; height:30px;}
  .lia-component-kudos .lia-component-kudos-widget-button .lia-button-image-kudos .lia-button-image-kudos-give .kudos-link {padding:3px 9px; height:30px;}

.lia-quilt-forum-message, .lia-quilt-layout-forum-message {width:100%!important;}
  .lia-quilt-column-06 {width: 100%!important; padding:0px;}
  .lia-quilt-column-18 {width: 100%!important; padding:0px;}
  .lia-component-forums-widget-board-message-view .lia-panel-message, .lia-component-forums-widget-comment-message-view .lia-panel-message {margin-bottom:2px;}

.lia-quilt-layout-pn-forum-message-content {padding:0px!important;}
  .lia-message-body-content {padding:6px 6px 6px 38px!important;}
  .lia-message-body-content, .lia-message-editor, .lia-message-body-content p, .lia-message-editor p {margin-bottom:0px!important;}

.lia-quilt-row-row_1 {display:none!important;}

.lia-message-tags .AddMessageTags {border-top:0px!important; padding:0px!important; margin-top:3px; float:left; font-size:75%;}
  .lia-quilt-row-row_4 {padding 0px!imprtant; position:relative; float:right; right:3px; top: -2px; border-bottom:0px!important;}

.lia-quilt-plusnet-blog-comment-content .lia-quilt-column-footer-right .lia-button-wrapper, .lia-quilt-plusnet-blog-comment-content .lia-quilt-column-footer-right .lia-message-kudos, .lia-quilt-plusnet-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-column-footer-right .lia-button-wrapper, .lia-quilt-plusnet-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-column-footer-right .lia-message-kudos {margin-bottom:0px!important;}
  .lia-quilt-layout-forum-message {border:2px solid #ccc!important;}
  .lia-message-author-stats-wrapper {position:relative; margin-top:8px;}
  .lia-quilt-layout-pn-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-row-row_2 .lia-quilt-column-12.lia-quilt-column-right {width:200px; right:0px;}
  .lia-quilt-layout-pn-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-row-row_2 {padding:0px!important;}

.lia-quilt-forum-message .lia-quilt-row.lia-quilt-row-main::before, .lia-quilt-comment-message .lia-quilt-row.lia-quilt-row-main::before, .lia-quilt-row-main, .lia-quilt-row-row_2 {background-color:#edf3f5!important;}
  .lia-quilt-layout-pn-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-column-message-body {border-boottom:0px;}
  .lia-component-reply-button, .lia-action-reply {height:30px!important; padding:0px 12px!important;}

}

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I find it unbeliveable that forum members can come up with a code to improve the look of the forum , in just a few days .

But we still await for PN / Lithium even to post Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Highlighted
Community Veteran

It has already been noted , so unlikely to make further posts specifically on this, until some change is made.

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 15

@hadden wrote:

I haven't done anything with the colours, but this is a rough initial attempt at a Stylish style to take some of the pain away but it should only apply to viewing a message thread.

I quite like the general style of the output.  Cool_smiley but it seems to make a bit of a mess when 'Reply' to a post.   If I get a bit of time today, I'll have a play.

Meanwhile,  couple of typo's in the code.

Line 36 should be:

.lia-quilt-row-row_4 {padding:0px!important; position:relative; float:right; right:3px; top: -2px; border-bottom:0px!important;}

And line 55:

.lia-quilt-layout-pn-forum-message-content .lia-quilt-column-message-body {border-boottom:0px;}

HTH

M

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've put my attempt on a tidyup on a diet so I now use this :

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document domain("plus.net")
{
  #lia-searchform, .advancedsearch-wrapper { display: none; }
  p { color: #000000; font-size: 100%; line-height : 1; padding: 0; margin: 0; border: 0; }
  #nav_footer, .quicklinks, .header, .lia-user-avatar-message, .MessagesPositionInThread, .lia-message-statistics, .lia-message-author-avatar, .lia-component-Plusnet-UsefulLinks { display: none ; }
}

This reminds me, on some boards when you use the code tag within a post when the user views it there is an option to copy it to the clipboard. I think this might be useful more so for when the code area covers more than is visible to the user.