cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Released

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Released

The best suggestion I've heard so far about the Katada release was yesterday on LBC radio in James Wales' programme. A caller said that since the decision was made in response to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg ruling. Then he should be immediately handed over to Strasbourg and let them look after him.
Brilliantly simple.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Released

OK.. so I understand this guy is a "problem" for the authorities, and that they would "like the <problem> to go away". is a bit of an understatement....
OK... so let`s send him back to Jordan, or wherever. and that will get rid of the problem.... OR WILL IT ?
Daft as it may seem, but just sending him "home" will only enrage him more, because he will not be getting the "benefits" (sic) he "enjoys" here in the UK...
also, he can get up to as much mischief as he can muster without the UK doing anything about it...
so would it not be better (security wise) to keep him here under 24 hour surveillance (as I am sure he is) so WE "know" what he is up to, and can take appropriate action under UK law.....
If he goes "home" the UK laws will not apply to him anymore, and we all know the power of the internet and email/skype etc
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I would have thought that if he was to now "accidentally" fall in front of the proverbial bus, then the problem will quietly go away.
Community Veteran

@shutter, if he goes back to Jordan he will be going on trial there.  This is what the 2 governments are trying to resolve at present.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16169838
A senior Jordanian government minister has told Sky News that the radical cleric Abu Qatada will receive a new, fair trial with full rights, if he is extradited to Jordan.
Community Veteran

That's settled then.  What time is the next flight Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well, if they chop off the hands of theives out there..... what will be the "punishment" ...... IF.... he is found guilty ?
Community Veteran

France and Italy ignore similar judgements and get fined £15000.
Surely that would make sense, both security wise and financially, instead of spending perhaps millions a year watching him.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: shutter
Well, if they chop off the hands of theives out there..... what will be the "punishment" ...... IF.... he is found guilty ?
To be honest, Who cares? As long as he Is off our soil then good riddance.
Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
France and Italy ignore similar judgements and get fined £15000.

On this occasion the Frogs and the Ities have it right.
Any fine I would simply deduct from our monthly payments to the EU when we send our cheque. Wink Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

European Court of Human Rights isn't the EU
Community Veteran

Quite right - a slip there Wink
annerimmington
Grafter

Costing us the taxpayer thousands in paying for round the clock monitoring and protecting him (even installed a panic alarm for him), not forgetting all the free handouts and benefits his brood of kids are receiving courtesy of the country he professes to hate so much Roll eyes   
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter

Removal of his vocal chords should do nicely Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
harry58
Dabbler

just like to say most of the important things in my life have been accomplished because i kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. because our greatest glory in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall so now i dance as though no one is waching me i love as though i have never been hurt before and i sing as though no one can hear me and most of all i live as though heaven is on earth because yesterday's history tomorrow's a mystery. and today? today is a gift that's why we call it the present ! and am very prowd to say am from whitehaven  Grin