Regular mobile speed camera locations

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Regular mobile speed camera locations

16 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Regular mobile speed camera locations

A Google search revealed Kent's
Also found a map of the fixed location cameras.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

South Yorkshire http://www.safetycamera.org/camera-locations/where-are-the-mobiles
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

They seem to be a bit "random" around our way.... on regular routes that I drive, you might see one stuck in a ( almost ) hideaway layby/just round a corner/beside a big high unkempt hedge, once, then never see it again in the same place .... for maybe a couple of years !... perhaps they only have one unit, and just try to keep it moving around... saw it in an unusual place yesterday, never seen it there in two years of driving the same route... Seems to be more ANPR type surveillance than speed related, as it was in a "shaded" area of tarmac ( safety area ) on a 40 mph dual carriageway... straight section in front of a set of traffic lights that control a side entry road... so pretty obvious from a mile away, and plenty of time to react... ( except go another way ! ! ! ) 
Community Veteran

We get a list of the mobile camera sites for the next month in the local paper! They (cops) still seem to do plenty of business in spite of it!  Shocked
Geoff,
York.
randpwar
Grafter

It doesn't bother me at all where traffic cameras are or even if any exist; I find keeping to the speed limit a very successful defence against prosecution and, you never know,  may even keep me safer when driving  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

me 2  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Our lot handily keep a map of where they like to hang out. And their Go Safe vans are easy to spot when they are in the usual places.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: NedLudd
We get a list of the mobile camera sites for the next month in the local paper! They (cops) still seem to do plenty of business in spite of it!  Shocked

My local paper back home also lists upcoming mobile Speed Camera locations.
I think it is supposed to deter speeders, though some local drivers are prosecuted for 32mph in a 30mph zone.
I used to have a Radar Detector many years ago, when I did a lot of travelling to location, early and late in the day, but it pinged so often it was effectively useless.
I think Fixed Speed Cameras provided by the local Councils are not enforceable anyway for fines.
Only those installed by the Police, though I could be wrong on this.
I prefer the gentler approach to driving these days, though still having the power when needed.
Quote from: randpwar
It doesn't bother me at all where traffic cameras are or even if any exist; I find keeping to the speed limit a very successful defence against prosecution and, you never know,  may even keep me safer when driving   Smiley

My recently acquired Honda Jazz Hybrid runabout ( posted elsewhere ) allows me to Cruise Control at 30mph, or a bit less, and also has a feature that pings when certain speeds are reached, mine are set at 30mph and 50mph.
However it doesn't really slow you down to keep the set speed going downhill.
Going downhill under low power or driver pedal braking is when the IMA Drive Battery recharges itself.
There is little engine braking though, perhaps because of this, or...
It is an Automatic, Cruise is more effective when in Manual Transmission mode though.

Other cars are more effective at keeping speed constant downhill, and uphill too.
I'm determined to keep my Clean License points free.
A bit like the UK in Eurovision, which I think is on TV soon.....
ie: Nul Points !
http://www.myledbury.co.uk/eurovision/eurovision_nilpoints.asp
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Indeed Lincolnshire not only tell you exactly where they are eg: junction of High St and Main Street but also what direction they can face and the speed limit for the area.
Community Veteran

We have a commercial radio station back home that announced the locations each morning. They were published on the Police website. They don't do it anymore.
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mobile speed cameras for the week ahead, back home in Derbyshire
From online copy.
No problems here, the very frequent Shuttle service is excellent.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/traffic-transport/mobile-speed-cameras-for-the-week-ahead-1-65...
Mobile speed cameras will be located on the following routes between Monday, May 5 and Sunday, May 11.
A608 Mansfield Road, Breadsall
A5111 Warwick Avenue, Derby
A57 Snake Road, Ladyclough Moor
A57 Snake Road, Glossop end
A6007 Codnor to Heanor
A6005 Draycott to Breaston
etc..........
kdiment
Rising Star

What amazes me is the huge total amount of speeding and parking fines that are collected. All entirely voluntary. No one needs to pay. The rules are simple enough. Observe the rules and pay nothing. Simples.
randpwar
Grafter

We’ve just booked a holiday in Brittany for the end of August and have just discovered in the documents that having a gps system capable of identifying French road cameras, even if that facility is disabled, can result in an on the spot fine of 1500 euros. Think I’ve got some research to do!
Community Veteran

I seem to remember Spain has a similar law. it can't be an EU directive or we would have to follow it as well.