cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refuse Collection

Community Veteran

Refuse Collection

Can things get any more stupid?  Now a council near to where I live in Essex has refused to collect rubbish from cul-de-sacs.  They say it takes too long.
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/57911/Council-refuses-to-collect-bins-from-cul-de-sacs
When will this madness end?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Refuse Collection

Community Veteran

And I thought it couldn't get any worse.  Costs go up and service goes down. 
Luckily, my council give us an excellent service at present.  Everything we leave out is collected if it's in a bin or not.
Community Veteran

We just had the same argument we put our bins out in  a street which is 30ft long and if the bin men cant get down in their lorry they wont drag then 30ft to empty them. They are just idle they claim the road is blocked but it never is they just drive past. Strangely it only  happens on recycle days never on the main bin days.
In the old days bin men came in your yard and rolled the bins full of ash out for you. What is stupid about  the bin men here is because they havent taken the bin this week next week there will be more rubbish so people have to put it out in bags which they refuse to take.
So then we ring the council playing hell as the dogs have it all over the street, they then send 3 men in a van with brushes etc to tidy it up. If the took the bags in the first place it would take 3 seconds to put them on the lorry but now its an half hour jobs for 3 men and the petrol to come out so recycling has gone out of the window and cost shot up.
I hate to think what our idiots will do with the new law that lets then fine you £100 for putting the bin in the wrong place, not shutting the lid or putting it out early. 
Community Veteran

Think how much you're going to get from the idea the government came out with this week.  Every time your local council let you down they have to pay you.  I think it was £10 for not collecting refuse. Grin  This is under the new 'Empowerment' rules.  Can you believe it?  One other suggestion is that we get paid for potholes in our roads.  They forgot to say just who gets paid, the whole street, the town or just the person who has the pothole outside their house. Another harebrained idea.  Fiddling whilst Rome burns!!
Community Veteran

Interesting notion. The council up the council tax to cover the extra expenditure £520 per household, then save money by not collecting any rubbish and leaving it to the householder to take it to the tip  Huh.