cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflex

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Reflex

Television from time to time comes up with some pretty rubbish game shows but Reflex on BBC must be one of the most dire.
Apart from the daft content, Shane Ritchie looks so incongruous in a three piece suit collar and tie against the contestants in scruffy casuals.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Reflex

These days I don't watch Saturday evening TV with the likes of The Voice and now Reflex.
However Snooker's on BBC2 shortly Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes well, I got away with that for most of the afternoon we were in, with The Voice just starting I'll give you three guesses who wants to watch that and most of what follows it as well.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Saturday night TV has pretty much filled me with dread since they done away with the saturday film, You Bet and Minder with George Cole.
The downfall (IMO) was when Stars in their Eyes came on. After that everything was about singers singing other peoples songs. Then we had Pop Idol, then Popstars, more Pop Idol, Popstars the Rivals, then the X-Factor, then BGT...
Sure, it's great if you're into all that sort of thing but some of us are not! Whatever happened to Knight Rider or The A-Team on Saturday evenings? - Those were the days..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
RichAllen
Grafter

Bring back the late 80s/early 90s for Saturday night telly, stuff like Blind Date, 321 and the original UK version of Gladiators (with the lovely Diane "Jet" Youdale and Lightning)
Best episode of Blind Date was when that old bloke called Bert, who used to own the dog track at Owlerton went on, and picked this other old woman, I think they got on so well they got hitched.
But since then, I think the TV Network bosses think everyone goes out Saturday and Sunday night so they just put any old rubbish on.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I don't think Cilla will be returning with Blind Date anytime soon unfortunately (although in my younger years i did enjoy eyeing up the crumpet on there lol) but Gladiators was definitely killed off far too quickly. I'll admit I did get bored with it after a while but there were many more games they could have come up with to keep it exciting.
If you ask me, Mr Nasty Simon Cowell got his act from Wolf from Gladiators. Wolf was the gladiator everyone loved to hate and he played to it brilliantly. When it ended Jet did a stint on You Bet with Mathew Kelly but the others just vanished. Even YB came to an end quite quickly too yet every week it had something completely new and fresh to watch.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nadger
Rising Star

Agreed there's a load of rubbish TV on Saturday evening.
We often watch BBC4 at 9pm but it's currently " The Bridge" that I enjoy but SWMBO doesn't so I use iPlayer when she's not around.