cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Hair

annerimmington
Grafter

Red Hair

Just seen a woman on Daybreak who suffered appalling bullying throughout her childhood and even as an adult (via Facebook) all because she had red curly hair.............it got so bad as an adult that the police were involved.  Sadly she has dyed her hair a rather unfetching shade of black as she could no longer look at herself in the mirror  Sad And a few months ago there was also another item about a young boy who was being bullied at school because of his red hair.    These stories remind me of my (unhappy) school days and how I, too, was bullied because of my red hair.    Back then there was not the same sympathy towards victims - my parents told me to "ignore them" and the teachers also told me to "toughen up and live with it  Angry
It`s so sad that redheads are treated as somehow inferior to the rest of the population by some people..............can it be classed as a form of racism ?.  Me, I embrace being a redhead.............we are unique (less than 5% of the world`s population).  The only drawback for me is the accompanying  freckles - not too keen on them and the fact that I have to keep out of the sun ..................but pale is interesting and far nicer than the creosote shades of fake tan Smiley
14 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Red Hair

I have never heard of anyone being bullied because of the colour of their hair before Shocked
I think that red hair is particularly attractive and many other women must think so judging by the number of clearly dyed heads I see around (at least 3 on my road).
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: annerimmington
can it be classed as a form of racism ?.   Me, I embrace being a redhead.............we are unique (less than 5% of the world`s population).   The only drawback for me is the accompanying  freckles

Racism no. Discrimination yes without a doubt. I think the lady you saw on TV was the one that was on the suns website a week or two back and when I read it I couldn't believe people could be so cruel.  My cousins used to have bright ginger hair when they were young so I grew up being used to it. Weirdly their hair turned medium-dark brown as they got older  Shocked
As for freckles.. I hate them yet my SO loves mine and goes absolutely crazy when mine turn up as they drive them wild about me  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 121

I dated a red-haired girl in the 80's and she was also just over 6' tall, to boot.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

which ones anne

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
I think that red hair is particularly attractive

agreed

Quote from: Mav
I dated a red-haired girl to boot.

Typical example of cruelty to redheads Roll eyes
If girls with red hair are called redheads what are girls with black hair called? Undecided
annerimmington
Grafter

Probably the most famous (and beautiful) redhead
Dick:green Image tags added.

Surely you mean....

Who else ? Wink

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

All eclipsed by

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. "

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Towies former Amy Childs - without the warpaint (I think she's far prettier with the natural look):
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

German Schlager stars.....
Andrea Berg (46 yrs) and Helene Fischer (25 yrs)
(Andrea has the red hair, and red dress.... also owns and rides a Harley)

I bet those "ugly" ladies on the other thread will NEVER look this good at 46.... Undecided

annerimmington
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Surely you mean....

A fine example of how facelifts can go badly wrong............horrific Shocked