cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Bull..... WARNING....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Red Bull..... WARNING....

If you are "addicted" to Red Bull,..... here is the reason why...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3962230/Red-Bull-gives-host-health-issues-Minute-minute-gu...

So glad I don`t drink the stuff.... Smiley

7 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Red Bull..... WARNING....

I don't drink it either but there must be an agenda behind this because there is similar products out there just as bad if not worse.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah... the agenda is... that after you have got the "rush" from drinking this stuff... it eventually runs out of steam, and you realise this, so go out an buy another..... and another.... and another..

Just like smoking weed or "ordinary" ciggy`s... it is "habit forming"... and psychologically addictive..  therefore the manufacturers are playing a "dirty game"... ( just like our tory chancellor).

using smoke and mirrors... in their advertising... saying.... "drink this.... it`ll make you feel good....."   but they don`t tell you that you will need to continue to buy replenishments, to continue to feel good...

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Fair point about that agenda Steve.

A family friend of mine would take great pride on telling people how he could drive non-stop from just south of Paris to just north of Warsaw all because of this sort of stuff which he'd buy and drink by the bucket load. What an idiot.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
PowerLee
Rising Star

The customer site im based on has banned all these caffeine based energy drinks from site - there are notices in the canteen on why they no longer sell them.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Seems to me to be an NSS (No Five h one tee Sherlock) story, soft drinks, energy drinks, "power shots" and other things are all designed to keep you addicted (Pepsi addict here!!), using sugar and caffeine as the main addictions...

Go back in history and Coca-Cola started off with Cocaine in it, which ultimately got replaced with caffeine when the drug was discovered to be damaging (not that caffeine's that much better!), so addictive drinks aren't a new thing, they're just pushing the boundaries of what is considered "healthy" before people end up jonesing for more...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

or indeed Pervitin which was popular in Germany in the 1940's. 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Personally I am only addicted to Dihydrogen monoxide, even though it is said to be poisonous ;-)
" Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
"

Being a diabetic I stay away from "energy drinks" as all they contain are LARGE amounts of sugar laced with caffeine.