Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend me an all in one please!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Recommend me an all in one please!

Last year I was looking at this:

It's a canon mx7600. Why? Because my newly acquired HP 4620 lost the plot!
Anyway the mx7600 had two things that appealed to me: duplex printing but also duplex scanning via an ADF. At the time I found a supplier who was selling them for £60 inc postage on ebay and put it off  Roll eyes
Well the missus has suddenly realised that she has a stack load of stuff to scan and she wants us to have another scanner / printer ASAP. Well I've gone searching for the mx7600 and guess what.. NONE LEFT! Shocked
There is the canon mx925:

but it doesn't look as cool if you ask me and they're also hard to find for less than £100 unless you buy ex display / 2nd hand.
So.. with a budget of £100 (+/-) can anyone recommend an al-in-one that has duplex printing AND duplex scanning?
Oh and one other thing... it needs to have the adjustable paper guides for the ADF like this:

Reason being I scan A5 too and many of them have these silly fixed guides that only support A4.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Recommend me an all in one please!

When I saw the title I thought you wanted a onesise  lol

Can't help with the model but I find both Canon and HP products good and I can't fault the HP service it's excellent. One of the main issues I look at as well as the features is the cost of the ink carts and if they are all in one or separate colours.
pwatson
Rising Star

No idea if it's any good but it seems to do everything to want:
Epson WorkForce WF-3530DTWF All-in-One Printer, with Wi-Fi, Fax, Duplex and Dual Trays
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009LZ4FNI/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I got  a Epson SX445W and it works very well..... bit of game, and time consuming, to set up initially..... but does look pretty smart on the desktop.....

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=46041689
http://photos.expertreviews.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_Expert_Reviews/dir_306/er_photo_15342...
this link shows newer and older models 
https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/11625600298241327965?hl=en&q=epson+sx445w&oq=epson+sx445w&...Shocked
if you want to use it on usb, there is a hidden port near the power socket.
Community Veteran

But where is teh ADF and double sided scanning?  Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Dunno.... never used `em.... !

anyway,,,  it only cost me £30... Wink
Community Veteran

lol ok!
This is what I had previously..:

Good looking bit of kit and you could leave it to chew through and scan 30 pages with minimal fuss. Unfortunately though it would play up randomly and cancel scans, prints, copies etc for no apparent reason. Don't get me started on the ink consumption lol. No colour use and it cleaned out over half the ink in the colour cartridges just rebooting it to get it to do something  Sad
Needless to say it went back. Trouble is now that my paperwork is building up again and needs to be scanned into my database  Roll eyes
nanotm
Pro

dunno but mines a brother DCP-6690-CW that's connected to everything in the house and "just works" with most of the gadgets we have (interestingly even my windows phone will print directly to it via the network) its got a 50 sheet autofeeder and prints up to A3  oh and it will print from memorcards /usb stick as well
pretty cheap option and having all individual carts its a lot cheaper to rerplace when something runs low, only use it with originals though theres plenty of cut price remanufactured stuff available, in the 4 years I've owned it I have spent £150 on coloured inks and probably the same again on black, (which works out a lot cheaper than my old £100 Epson all in one unit)  although to be fair I do price watch carts and only buy when there on a 50% offer Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you