cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a fibre ISP with dynamic IP

Mars2050
Rising Star

Recommend a fibre ISP with dynamic IP

I may as well ask both in one thread and see what PN customer can recommend.

As most should know, I am unhappy with the situation that PN now revel your home location with your IP on there, not good new network. So first question.

Any one know a good ISP that uses dynamic IP's on consumer broadband, fiber?

What VPN would you recommend? Paid will likely be better than free.

I may go and ask over on kits forums as well, as no doubt, many post from other ISP's, to see if they have the same issue as Plusnet, with location showing, to rule out any with the same issue. Smiley

41 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Recommend a fibre ISP with dynamic IP

Mars2050 wrote:

As most should know

Yes they should! - Because the world revolves around YOU! 

Take note all sinners who do not check every board on this forum, you will burn in eternal damnation!

Mars2050 wrote:

I am unhappy with the situation that PN now revel your home location with your IP on there, not good new network.

NO THEY DO NOT.

You have had this explained to you repeatedly - right from those at the top of PN ( @bobpullen ). You STILL refuse to accept it purely because you do not want to be wrong.

I really do not know what else can be said or done to help you.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@Mars2050  I fear that you are on a long and fruitless journey as discussed in your original thread.  Best of luck in quest!

M

Mars2050
Rising Star

Both your replies are unhelpful to my original post. I don't take everything I'm told by an ISP when they have commercial interest, in selling a service. PN staff are not going to recommend an ISP or tell me I won't have this issue, for reasons said above.

If you think this is a long fruitless journey, then you are in the wrong thread.

Now any recommendations before I try KITS forum?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I recommend you get the name of the forum correct. Tongue

Mars2050
Rising Star

Amazing!

And not even a recommendation for a descent VPN. Shocked

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Please go and try the kitz forum. I look forward to seeing the replies you will get.

I hope you've got thick skin.
Mars2050
Rising Star

I am hoping they will be far more helpful and knowledgeable. Especially kits. Smiley

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Please let us know what response you get.

John
Community Veteran

Mars2050 wrote:

I don't take everything I'm told by an ISP

But you're happy to believe a low level call centre agent who agrees with you just to keep you happy though aren't you!

When it comes from one of PNs top brass you're no longer happy to accept anything because it contradicts what you believe - even though many of us have explained things to you.

As for my reply being unhelpful, your post wasn't great either. As I pointed out, it's not all about you on this forum.

Community Veteran

Mars2050 wrote:

Amazing!

With your attitude nobody is going to help you. You've been told whats going on, you refuse to believe people (thus basically suggesting we're lying to you), continue to insist that you know plusnet have published some sort of database of users towns / IPs and then start asking us to solve your problem for you.

You don't listen. You don't want to hear anything that is contrary to your 100% gospel beliefs. You are basically winding people up.. and you wonder why nobody is wanting to help?

And on top of all of that you then try to suggest that if we don't help you by force, you'll go to another forum instead. Wow,. I'm trembling with fear. If you want to go there then just flaming go. We're not bothered by it, we're not going to lose any sleep about it and we're not going to lose anything if you do so. You can't hold us hostage like that - we owe you no loyalty at all - especially after the way you've treated some of us by making out that we're lying to you.

Mars2050
Rising Star

You have done nothing to help me but troll my threads and still don't understand what I am talking about. You think you do but you don't.

None of the replied on here so far, have answered what my OP says and you have the nerve to say, I am not listening. Try practicing what you preach!

Yes I am going to try on kits forum, as I have had enough of you trolling me and being some plus net fanboy.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Lads! I'm surprised no one has made the obvious recommendation; Talk Talk, who are expert in security matters.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@Luzern I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy............................... maybe an exception in this case though.Wink

John
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Mars2050 wrote:

Amazing!

IMHO, things are not looking up for you.