cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent change in Passport renewal process.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Re: Recent change in Passport renewal process.

Yep @Jonpe

I think you're right about it spreading out the applications across the year.

In regard to the passport office, which I know is around Victoria. I don't know whether you have to justify why you didn't go through the usual channels or you can just do it anyway.

A friend had to go there, basically she said she forgot her old one was about to expire and needed one ASAP. You pay around double, then have to go for a quick interview in the morning then she had to hang around London for a few hours and collect it the same day. For the extra cost I think it is worth it personally.

I met her and we had a few drinks while she waited, quite a good system I think Tongue

Victoria is not that difficult for me to get to, as my trains go there.

I couldn't be without a passport anyway, aside from the obvious reasons you need them for travel, even applying for jobs they want a copy to prove you are who you say you are.

I was in Central London yesterday and that is what I had to do.

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Recent change in Passport renewal process.

@Alex wrote:

Yep @Jonpe

In regard to the passport office, which I know is around Victoria. I don't know whether you have to justify why you didn't go through the usual channels or you can just do it anyway.

A friend had to go there, basically she said she forgot her old one was about to expire and needed one ASAP. You pay around double, then have to go for a quick interview in the morning then she had to hang around London for a few hours and collect it the same day. For the extra cost I think it is worth it personally.

I met her and we had a few drinks while she waited, quite a good system I think Tongue

I couldn't be without a passport anyway, aside from the obvious reasons you need them for travel, even applying for jobs they want a copy to prove you are who you say you are.

I was in Central London yesterday and that is what I had to do.

Yes, having a drink is always a good system. Laugh

I'm not sure why she required an interview if she was renewing a valid passport unless her appearance had changed beyond recognition over the last ten years.

I don't travel much anymore so mainly use my passport for ID purposes; it's coming in handy now that I'm planning for my retirement.  It doesn't matter how old you look, or that you've paid money to HMRC for over 45 years, they won't believe you are old unless you can prove it.