cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons to be cheerful

N/A

Reasons to be cheerful

After the Tuesday whinge, I thought that folk would be a bit happier today as it is Friday and a bank holiday weekend to boot. Would therefore be nice to hear, on a more optimistic note, reasons to be cheerful.
To kick off, Mr Markus is soon to have a Mrs Markus so that has got to be the best news and definitely a reason to be happy - hope everything goes well and wish you all the best for your future together.
This morning here in Plusnetland there is a smidgen of blue sky - enough to make Katy an apron, as my friend would say (she got the saying from her Mum so don't ask me), although rain is forecast later.
I am quite content today as I am off to my craft class with my friend this afternoon so that is my reason to be cheerful.
Smiley
8 REPLIES
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Reasons to be cheerful

I'm going on Holiday tomorrow, and we finish work early on Fridays.
Two excellent reasons to be cheerful right there!
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

1. Just moved "back home" from London to Norfolk. I tell anyone who asks that I have come from from Norwich, but with a 42 year "stopover" in London.
2. Amongst all the rubbish left behind by the previous owner of the bungalow I have moved to, is a sun-dial (see below) with a quotation on the face which says (if you can't read it from the photo) "only count your sunny hours let other tell of storms and showers". I've decided to keep it.
Today is a sunny day so it counts  Smiley
Cliff
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Thanks poppy, thats very nice of you  Smiley
Reasons to be cheerful
- It's sunny and 14 degrees outside.
- Drunk Sunday, no work Monday
- Getting married in 2 weeks
- Going to Lake Como (Italy) in 3 weeks
Reasons to be not so cheerful
1 too many brewskies last night!  Undecided
James
Grafter

bob
   /bob/  [bob]
–adjective, -i⋅er, -by⋅bi-est.
1. feeling or showing bob or strong resentment (usually fol. by at, with, or about): to be bob at the dean; to be bob about the snub.
2. expressing, caused by, or characterized by bobness; wrathful: bob words.
3. (of an object or phenomenon) exhibiting a characteristic or creating a mood associated with bob or danger, as by color, sound, force, etc.: a bob sea; the boom of bob guns.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Jamesh's post hurts my head  Embarrassed
N/A

James is suffering the effects of the end of the working week after returning from 2 weeks of parental pampering.
Once he's got his head together, I am sure that he will come back to explain!  Huh
BTW Whiffler that sounds a really happy story - must be great to have moved back home after all that time.
Hard work getting the bungalow to how you like it, no doubt, but well worth it.  Smiley
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
Jamesh's post hurts my head  Embarrassed

I think it means that you ought to avoid Bob. - Whether generally, or just today is a matter for debate I guess.
James
Grafter