cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real courage

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Real courage

"As he was cocking it to shoot it, Alek just yells, 'Spencer, go!' And Spencer runs down the aisle, Spencer makes first contact, he tackles the guy, Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a box cutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."
Full article here.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11817490/France-train-attack-US-soldiers-foi...
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Real courage

An extremely brave thing to do. They possibly saved many lives. Well done to them Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Lucky it did not happen in this country as the guys who tackled him would have been arrested and charged with assault.
Wink
Community Veteran

I particularly liked the bit where they beat him unconscious. That's what is needed more. Real justice that shows the anger felt by the public - not some apologetic legal system!
Steve
Pro

So they knew how dangerous this terrorist could be since Feb 2014 due to radical islamist movements yet he was able to board the train fully armed ready to kill hundreds of civilians? God bless the guys that saved an absolute massacre from happening.
Community Veteran

Quote from: doris
I particularly liked the bit where they beat him unconscious. That's what is needed more. Real justice that shows the anger felt by the public - not some apologetic legal system!

Normally I'm not one for public retribution but on this occasion I can make an exception Wink
nanotm
Pro

the only question is have is why didn't one of them snap his neck, its not good beating the creature unconscious when it will still be alive to refute any claims made against it and with a clever shyster be able to dodge prison for his crimes ...... much safer all round to put them down permanently when the occasion arises, other than that good drills /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: nanotm
the only question is have is why didn't one of them snap his neck

Because that would have made him a martyr, plus it's more pleasurable to leave such a person deservedly in severe pain and suffering for their actions, especially when they'd been promised a glorious death and infinite virgins in the afterlife (though they don't say that the virgins are of the likes of Susan Boyle!!) for committing an atrocity in the name of their messed up extremist religion views... Cool
Steve
Pro

In my view we need to bring back torture, no martyr for that lot torture of the highest order specifically customised for them and them only. But never going to happen is it. Might make them think twice if there is no death but torture of the highest degree.
nanotm
Pro

Yeah 40 chicks like Boyle would be more like hell than heaven, actually  more than 1 chick for eternity would be enough to make you regret things, all that endless nagging......
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: M
In my view we need to bring back torture, no martyr for that lot torture of the highest order specifically customised for them and them only. But never going to happen is it. Might make them think twice if there is no death but torture of the highest degree.

well rendition has been used extensively in the past and all it got us was tax payers cash paid out to the guilty for inhumane treatment .....
i'm with you they should be chained to a ceiling with an incessant drip hitting them in the head  and kept alive and bodily healthy through intravenous drips, with plenty of sunlight until they die of old age, preferably inside some form of publicly displayed (temperature controlled) see through box  anchored to the outside of the tower.
but that would only work if we implemented some for m of patriot act whereby anyone guilty of terrorism acts had zero civil rights and didn't require a trial just transition directly to punishment central ...... of course then the system would be open to abuse but a good level of public oversight could mitigate those risks.
it would certainly save the state millions in legal aid fees and stop letting the weirdo's lead a cushy life in prison (or worse let go free on some technicality). but like all things the best intentions when introduced would end up being subverted by some groups and we would end up in a worse state than we have right now/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Well done those brave men.
But is this the place to be taking unpleasant pot shots at inoffensive Susan Boyle? I no fan of hers, but I would like to see the authors voluntarily edit out their unnecessary remarks. Or a mod to take action to do it for them if they won't. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Ah another person who doesn't get the joke about the extremist view of promising a thousand virgins in the next life for committing atrocities, and the joke being that they're usually butt-ugly, geeky, or celibate, because hot women are never virgins... Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I see the er! Joke, is it, I just don't see why you should take a shot at an actual person who unluckily doesn't happen to look like a photographic model, and be unable (probably) to stand up for herself, and may well find the remark deeply offensive.
Couldn't you have used something less personal like "fat-old-bird" instead. your point would not of been lost.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

Mod Note
Post removed and I don't think making personal remarks about someone who has no right of reply is the way to go.
It would be a shame to lock a thread expressing support for a brave act.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation