Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-shuffle Kerfuffle

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re-shuffle Kerfuffle

I can't help thinking, why this forum has been so quiet about the recent Cabinet changes.

For instance, what does the defenestration of Sajid Javid, now possibly  aka "Savage Livid",  fortell for the future conduct of government?

And all else!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

Re: Re-shuffle Kerfuffle

@Luzern wrote:

what does the defenestration of Sajid Javid, now possibly  aka "Savage Livid",  fortell for the future conduct of government?

Dunno ...Undecided

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Luzern wrote:

For instance, what does the defenestration of Sajid Javid, now possibly  aka "Savage Livid",  fortell for the future conduct of government?

Could it be that throwing Sajid Javid out of the window was because he was becoming a pane ? Or as some think that he was framed, or maybe because Javid was not from public school was he a casualty in the glass war ?  was it a sill-y thing to do ?

Or maybe source of leaks so had to be replaced ?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Given he put himself out of the ledge in the first place I supect he went out with parachute strapped to his back. He certainly came back with a well primed, prepared and quick off the mark 'pop at Boris' answer that's for sure. 

Looks like BJ has balls.

As for the new guy Fishy Sunak, well he should worry too much being as well heeled as he is. He certainly looks happy enough for a previously unknown backroom walla.

Savid.JPG 

My advice should the impossible happen and Boris picks up the phone to me and asks me for it? 

Watch your back with this one mate. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

You cannae shove your Chancellor aff the bus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VCWROijdwM

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 9

The PM is also First Lord of the Treasury (yes, even our two female PMs were Lords in this context), and the Chancellor of the Exchequer is Second Lord of the Treasury.  Mr Johnson is therefore in a powerful position in all things fiscal, should he choose to exercise such power.  Perhaps it's no coincidence that the Chancellor resides next door to the PM (if nothing else, it's handy should the PM need to borrow a fiver).

Btw who is the woman sitting next to the new Chancellor in @Minivanman's post?

Highlighted
Pro

If you're Boris, you just shove them under it.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Rishi Sunak came over well on TV shows he appeared on flying the Brexit flag and making remain panel members look silly...

Javid backed remain in referendum, but Sunak is a committed leaver - maybe that suits Boris...

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Jonpe wrote:

Btw who is the woman sitting next to the new Chancellor in @Minivanman's post?

That's Therese Coffey who is Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

Therese Coffey

Profile picture

Work & Pensions

@artmo  - you beat me to it! 😊
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

"Javid backed remain in referendum, but Sunak is a committed leaver - maybe that suits Boris... "

That being the case then why did he turf out both Theresa Villiers and Esther McVey to name just two pro Brexiteers?

More to this methinks than just being in or out of the leave the EU camp - take Geoffrey Cox, but again he should worry as he still has plenty of strings to his barristers bow.  

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I wonder what role Cummings is playing, some suggest he is pulling Johnson's strings, seems he has a lot of left wing ideas but clearly he has not been given the push yet....

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman 

Quote from Spectator article you posted...

'When Javid said something was not possible, the judgement was sometimes met with suspicion in No. 10 over to whether it was really that the chancellor was simply unwilling to do it'.

Seems Javid was a bit like like Spreadsheet Phil Hammond then ( but nowhere near as bad ), he frustrated his governments preparation for no deal and took every chance he could to resist Brexit,  talking up project fear.... and look where he is now.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Night of the long knives.