cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update on this morning's outage [Off Topic]

Community Veteran

Moderators Note: (Jonathan aka Chilly)
I have split out the off topic post from the Update on this morning's outage to this thread.
Jonathan
aka Chilly
74 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Well, something has obviously seriously upset him/her!
I think that PlusNet would learn something by making contact and listening to the full story though............  Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Assos
Moderators Note:

Can we bring this back to discussion of the outage now please?

Yes....... however, I do feel that the outage has been discussed quite well within this and other forums, and the "outpourings" of one complainant should not be allowed to reflect the general consensus of opinion,  that PN did everything they could to rectify the matter as quickly as possible., without it being answered, and commented upon by the "stable" minded amongst us.
Capvermell
Grafter

Also if we are talking Plusnet amateurism why does even this Community forum not work properly as per other internet forums I use.
Firstly when I make a post I am not taken to a page showing my latest post afterwards but back to the Community forum home page or something similar and to see my post I have to press back twice and view then Refresh in IE7.  Secondly the forum post subscription service seems flakey and often follow up emails about new posts dry up after a day or two even though one did visit the forum after the last update email.
Sorry I know this will play well as a comment here in Plusnet fanboy land.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it will do if you ask it to
Capvermell
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
it will do if you ask it to

Why isn't it the default as it is in every one of 50 or more other web discussion forums I have participated in.
The option to return to the Community home page or whatever it is is one that only a handful of forum users are actually likely to prefer.  To me it is another example of Plusnet's oddball nature in imposing on customers what it wants rather than what they want.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Another expression comes to mind
Capvermell
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Another expression comes to mind
And what expression is that?  Undecided
By the way I see the sarcasm icon in this forum then appears as the smiley one when you post.  Yet another example of a Plusnet cockup it would appear.
Community Veteran

Moderator's Note:
Can we bring this back on topic again please. Additionally personal attacks of any kind are not permitted on these forums as per the link:rules.
Community Veteran

Hi capvermell,
Quote from: Capvermell
Why isn't it the default as it is in every one of 50 or more other web discussion forums I have participated in.

On the Notifications and Email Section of your 'Profile', there is an option there called 'Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.' which will set it to be the default for you when you post replies.
Quote from: Capvermell
Firstly when I make a post I am not taken to a page showing my latest post afterwards but back to the Community forum home page or something similar and to see my post I have to press back twice and view then Refresh in IE7.

On the Look and Layout Preferences section there is an option which can be enabled to send you to the post you are replying to when you've replied to it.
Colin
Capvermell
Grafter

Quote from: Colin
On the Look and Layout Preferences section there is an option which can be enabled to send you to the post you are replying to when you've replied to it

But why isn't it set to on by default as it is in every other internet forum I have ever joined.  Other internet forums sensibly don't even give you the option to turn this feature off never mind having it off be default (even worse).
Due to the changeover in Pages to Page 4 some of you seem to have missed the contents of my Post earlier this morning at the bottom of Page 3.
Community Veteran

I didn`t miss it.... I read it, and the same thoughts came to mind, as previous post.  Not worth commenting on again..... Cry
Capvermell
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
I didn`t miss it.... I read it, and the same thoughts came to mind, as previous post.   Not worth commenting on again..... Cry

Keep a stiff upper lip and all that old chap and simply enjoy suffering a thoroughly erratic internet service it would seem?
It seems I must be more of a Frenchman at heart who takes to the barricades and burning buses when I am cross about something.
Community Veteran

no comment Roll eyes
Capvermell
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
no comment Roll eyes

Lips sealed old boy.  Now where's that carpet sweeper. Wink Tongue