cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: E-Mail alias and trademark

mcgurka
Grafter

Well, if you want my views, it in justified really, i have my partner emails sent to microsoft@domain.com and theyve never had an issue with it.
You arent pretending to be them though! Thats what gets me...
2 REPLIES
N/A

Would've been OK if you said Microsoft.tm@mydomain.com maybe.
I'm always amazed at how useless MS are at running their various systems.
I'm an MS partner, but their partner site never works properly - calling them up is embarrasing as they sit there for a few minutes waiting for the query to execute to retrieve my details.
Its the same story on the MCP site, with most things requiring a call to the regional support centre, and the obligatory wait whilst their systems catch up.
Please to say that their licensing site is improving though, and the Technet subs is defo worth the cash.
At risk of spending more of your cash, its worth joing up as an MS partner too if you can, a coupla hundred quid a year, and you get full versions of all MS apps sent through three times a year. (As well as Beta stuff too/upgrade versions and any other nonesense they see fit to send you)
You've to complete an exam now I believe to demonstrate you know a bit about MS products, and you've to pretend to be a reseller or a seller of support services, but with imagination you can get away with it most times.
N/A

You probably wouldn't in that case!
I wonder if they are the same thing, as I have Technet access, which must be based upon either the MCP or Partner accounts.
Who knows eh? The wonderfully confusing world of MS.