cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rats in the garden

peter10
Grafter

Rats in the garden

I've seen a rat in my garden on two occasions in the last few days. I think it may have taken residence under the shed. I have put a bait box down with some poison bait in and set a trap. I don't want to put poison in an open container as my garden is visited by cats. Much as I hate cats I don't want to harm them.
Has anyone any other suggestions as to how I could get rid of this unwelcome visitor(s)?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Rats in the garden

At our last house I used my trusty air rifle!  Wink
Geoff,
York.
randpwar
Grafter

Our local District Council have recently been able to get rid of rats recently, get in touch with them. The guy that did the job was very good. We have chickens so he laid bait under the decking (after my neighbour cut a perfect replaceable flap in it) and also under my neighbour’s shed. He came back over a couple of weeks to check
Fixes: 123

In my thread about mice SWMBO put a larger trap for rats as she had seen one in the garden but the next day the trap was nowhere to be seen. We will never know whether the rat was able to escape attached to it or whether another animal got caught but managed to run off Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still