cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rare Service

Community Veteran

Rare Service

Our Peugeot 306 TD fanbelt tensioner  broke so we have been trying to get it repaired. For a new part £127 its basically just a small wheel. Scrap yards hadnt got any or we couldn't get it off as its the most stupid part ever invented to get off or adjust the fan belt(its not a fan belt now but you know what I mean).
Found a guy in Stafford about 60 miles away who does second hand PUG spare rang him and he knew what it was straight away £12 + £3.75 postage he said he would post it straight away as I told him we were waiting for it. This was at 3pm.
Got back in tonight 10:30 and theres a knock on the door this guy had driven all the way over from Stafford to Crewe with the part he said he was sorry but he missed the post. The part was like brand new all silver as if had never seen a car.
Now thats service above and beyond the call of duty. It goes to show though what service can do for a company as my son went straight on the PUG306 forum telling everyone about it. Loads of them are ringing him in the morning for parts. So that services has paid off for him  great part cheap and with good service.
Bet there isnt many can beat that sort of service if it had been a 3k part maybe but he must of lost money on the deal
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Rare Service

Wow - that's brilliant.
It probably cost him at least £10 in petrol too.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

That's brightened up my morning.  Smiley  Good to hear something positive in the service sector.
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 105

I reckon it was on his way home  Roll eyes 
Excellent service though, hope it doesn't deteriorate with the flood of new business coming his way  Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

Nice to hear "good news" stories for a change!