cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain...Rain...Rain

Fixes: 158

Re: Rain...Rain...Rain

Hi @RobPN

I use this weather station http://www.davisweather.co.uk/product-range/9-weather-stations/57-vantage-vue

with Cumulus software on my PC from http://sandaysoft.com/

The Vantage Vue is the semi pro (and cheaper) version of the Vantage Pro which is used worldwide.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 63.0 (64-bit)

RobPN
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks for the links @Strat, I'll check those out. Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

@RobPN

We use one round my parents, as my dad liked them. It was only a few years ago and not too expensive (about £60), and it comes with the thingy you have to put outside (don't know what to call it!), and an LCD screen you put inside and it is wireless.

Not that I used it, but I think it comes with software you can plug the LCD into your computer and upload the weather data.

Only thing you need to do is put the thingy somewhere you think best, and change the batteries now and again.

I got one as I was walking around Maplin, and being [-Censored-] at choosing presents I actually found a good one for my dad.

No doubt they've got better since then.

Fixes: 232

Pete11 wrote:

@billnotben

Now you've done it. You just admitted to the theft of their rain. Not a chance of it being negotiated now. Shocked It'll take some serious haggling to sort it out now.

All hail the rest of the EUWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

All Hail, all rain, all snow..us brits will haggle over anything. They will not take it without a fight (or at least a few beers). Ticked off (I think I need a lie down in a dark rubber room). They complained over banana's not being straight, our sausages being too bent, sheeesh, what next?...our rain being too wet?

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

@Strat - Well we all know where that rain you measured went!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40875248

Community Veteran

Well it is coming down in SE London. So soaked, taken refuge in a local pub. I hope it'll stop soon, as I still have a 15 mins walk to go.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Well if it doesn't clear up soon @Alex, that may turn out to be a 30 minute stagger. Cheesy

Community Veteran

Should be fine, I have done it before when trains have screwed coming home from Central London and the stations are carnage (busy).

So do you stand and wait for it to be fixed, or go into a pub and give it an hour? When someone jumped underneath a train we and a friend, were on, we all had the same idea so we waited there for a while.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Fairly sunny in this part of Lancashire and tomorrow the forecast is even better for Cumbria.

Very odd really, we usually get most of the rain up here whilst those in the South are basking in the Sun.

I wonder if this change will become permanent ?

fingers crossed

Smiley

Fixes: 232

gleneagles wrote:

I wonder if this change will become permanent ?

fingers crossed

Smiley

No chance - we demand our sun backCheesy

Yesterday it was a bright a sunny day in far East Kent. Then around 5pm it chucked it down.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Seasoned Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOlMCG8bqF8    Smiley

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.