cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Race Equality Council

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Race Equality Council

I just read this comment in the item about reducing car park charges http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4514794.Bournemouth_car_parks_slashing_prices_____3_a_day_deal...
Ef the ref, Bournemouth says...
3:23pm Tue 28 Jul 09

KLH wrote:
    Castlepoint had more character when it was the Hampshire Centre anyway - and the parking problem was never like it is now!!
    As travellers have moved into Terrace Mount car park I would personally give that one a miss for the time being while pikeys are there!

Oh dear! The PC brigade will really be after you for using the term, PIKEYS!
Sam Edwards, of the DREC, e-mailed me recently with this comment which might be of interest:
"Dorset Race Equality Council would like to stress the positive contribution that Gypsies and Travellers give to the community. Some of the better known areas of work that Gypsies and Travellers are involved in, in the Bournemouth area include seasonal agricultural work, motor trading and tree-felling. However, they are also often employed as academics, teachers and public servants, together contributing millions of pounds to the British economy through the taxes they pay and the services they provide. They also add to the culture and diversity of Dorset, enriching life here for everyone."
So now you know
3 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Race Equality Council

perhaps that Dorset man should look it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey
Pesonally have no problem with most Roma Gypsies,  but we have some from Eastern Europe who are regularly in this area who are expert pick pockets and bag slashers.
Plus we have the Largest Illegal site of Itinerant Travellers from the west of here in the UK down near Basildon
Community Veteran

However, they are also often employed as academics, teachers and public servants, together contributing millions of pounds to the British economy through the taxes they pay and the services they provide.

I don't know about being academics, teachers and public servants but pay tax, you must be joking Shocked
Euge
Grafter

I wonder if the gypsies that attacked me and my brother in a night club were academics, teachers or public servants. Maybe we were out of line for saying "no we don't want a shot thanks, were now going home". Maybe the gypsies that threatened one of my mates families with violence, and stalking their house are just misunderstood.
We built them an area to live in temporarily in my hometown very close to me, with running water and the like. They trashed the place, stole the copper piping and filled all the toilets with rubbish.
I'm not their biggest fan...