Fixes: 104

RIP Michael Crichton

Very sad indeed one of my favourite authors has passed away:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7711763.stm
Will Moderate For Thanks
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: RIP Michael Crichton

I've thoroughly enjoyed a few films from books he wrote.
Very sad.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

sad.  he's a good read. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Indeed he was a very very good writer, I own or have read all of his available books, always very well researched, and technically accurate. I did however think some of his later offerings from around "Saucer" onwards started to border on fanciful, but even so he had a "can't-put-down" quality to his writing. He was also an excellent screen writer as well. He'll be sadly missed.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
techguy
Grafter

poor chap
Loved Jurassic Park but have to admit I'm not as well read as most of you
Hers's a thought, if all of the governments in the world put the billions they wasted on things like the dome and the space programme into cancer research, don't you think we'd have a cure by now?
Fixes: 104

Or indeed the money spent on the american election..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fixes: 47

I suspect that the time and effort spent on the space programme will, in the future be seen as critical to the survival of our species......but that's a topic for another thread.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Petlew
from around "Saucer" onwards started to border on fanciful.

I inadvertently credited Michael Crichton with "Saucer" which was in fact written by the brillant techno-thriller author Stephen Coonts. Somehow this title got mixed up with a stack of MC's books.
The one I actually meant that was about the first of Michael Crichton's "fanciful period" was "Timeline" I greatly enjoyed his "Great Train Robbery", and most of his others, the only one I didn't on with was "The Eaters of the Dead" which I don't think I ever finished.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.