Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quite a concern.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quite a concern.

This kind of thing  can only cause problems in the local community
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jihadist-plot-take-over-birmingham-6782881
Let's hope this remains an isolated incident.
22 REPLIES
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Quite a concern.

I saw this on BBC.
What can you say to this really?
Any negative words, and you are branded racist, so I can see how it's been left to fester and infest, but I seriously doubt Birmingham is the only city threatened in this way.
Lets face it, this is a WAR.  The British people are at war with invaders trying to dominate, and destroy our way of life.
But no I'm wrong, immigration is the best thing since sliced bread.
Islam is a fluffy and cuddly religion, no where does it describe non believers as a lower form of life, as infidels, as the enemy who need to be conquered and wiped out.
It is a fact that you can not follow Islam, without believing that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Devonian
Any negative words, and you are branded racist

This is the biggest problem and one I've encountered many times in a couple of public sector jobs I've had.
The foreigners (by that I don't mean poles, germans, french etc - and no I'm not being racist by saying that) come here and if they don't get their way they start crying racism in order to get it. People then not wanting to be seen as racist will then bend over backwards to give them what they want in order to avoid accusations of being racist.
Even on this forum the very mention of foreign folks usually lands you a PM about being racist because some people around here are very trigger happy with the "report to moderator" link and the mods not wanting to be seen as racist themselves are then forced to do something.
When I was a kid, racism meant judging someone by the colour of their skin. Somehow this appears to have changed over the years to include religion, original country, accent, hair colour (reds / gingers), eye colour.. in fact anything that isn't "traditional british" from the early 1900s is now apparently racist,
On another forum a while back I even got accused of being racist because I said someone was sniffing out some money - apparently humans do not smell things using their noses and any suggestion that we do is now racist Roll eyes
I'm sorry but the racist thing has gone too far. Sure if you want to protect against religion then we should use the term religionist or religist but not racist (and same for hair colour, accent country of origin etc.. they should have seperate terms and not be 'racist'). The original meaning of racist was all about skin colour and that is the way it should remain otherwise it will be and is being used against us.
And no I am not being racist with this post I am simply saying it from a common sense POV.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Devonian
Grafter

@7up.  Well said.
Fixes: 125

@7up - I predicted much of this when the Race Relations Act of 1976 came into force.
As for foreigners coming here and claiming benefits, getting housing, etc. I have no idea how it's done.
When SWMBO and I were planning her move to UK we had to jump through hoops at the British Embassy in Kyiv. Promises had to be made that I can take care of her financially, supply a roof over her head and, when using the first Visitors' VISA, promise to ensure she returns by the date stated.
Once here she was still not entitled to any benefits; I could only claim Housing Benefit as a single person. That part, at least, changed when she obtained British Citizenship - all done at great expense.
Don't get me wrong, I don't regret a single moment or penny spent but maybe my mistake was doing it all 'legal and above board' Undecided
Quote from: 7up
And no I am not being racist with this post I am simply saying it from a common sense POV.

There doesn't seem to be much of that any more Sad
Edit: I mean common sense not racism Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

@7up,
the individuals who are blessed with body odour that smells like a mixture of urine and twiglets have made up approximately a fifth of the population of the UK for time immemorial, calling them ginger (stinks of piss ) cannot possibly be racist unless your a foreigner and don't understand that ginger people who don't wash regularly enough don't smell like none gingers......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Huh?  Huh
Just to clarify, I don't believe any of what is going on is to do with race or racism (which I deem as people abusing others by skin colour). What is happening in this country is a religious war by a certain religion that is determined to bring down our country. These people then claim racism because they know that the word 'racism' has been artifically expanded to 'cater' for many accusations of discrimination.
I will state here and now that I am not racist. I do not care what colour skin anyone has.
I am however religionist (if there is such a word - and if there isn't, there needs to be). I believe that religions cause hatred, wars, deaths and suffering. There is no need for any of it.
Devonian
Grafter

I thought it was just the Carling confusing me.  Grin
Community Veteran

Nope, it's not the carling, I'm still scratching my head trying to work it out.
I also think a lot of these issues come from the (mis)understanding of the word 'race'.
Does it mean people from a specific country, people with a certain skin tone or people with a certain religion? What happens if a person in one country has been there all their lives but has a different religion to the other natives? - Are they two races or one?
This is the key issue I feel. I was taught by my school as a child that a race and racism was about skin colour however since the 90s this appears to have been expanded to cover many things and this has led us into trouble in many ways.
Devonian
Grafter

Religion is a belief system.
Race is a classification system used to categorise humans into distinct groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, and geographical affiliation.
Of course there are people with personal agendas that like to muddy the two.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

I was picking on his mention of ginger's as part of the classification of racism.....
not that I agree with what is currently misinterpreted as racism or what does or doesn't constitute racism either in the current politically correct version or in the proper definitions of it.......
the real problem though is that the equality and diversity act defines racism as picking on someone because they are different from you in some way...
I mean theres a whole debate on what actually constitutes institutional racism and the political classes cant even give the same definition twice ......

oh and I find it odd that the church schools were forced to accept people of other faith groups and yet new faith based schools have been created within the UK that flout such rulings and that pointing this out is apparently an act of racism, similarly that pointing out that various articles of cultural clothing worn exclusively by members of a particular faith group are not a requirement of that religion and in western society seem to be classed as such, yet only by followers of that religion from a certain sect within it (which tends to be of the extremist nature) even to the point that a priest of that religion who spoke out on the matter was arrested and charged with a race hate crime for insisting that followers of the religion remove such garb when in his presence .......

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Quote from: Devonian
Race is a classification system used to categorise humans into distinct groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, and geographical affiliation.

So going by that, I am a member of 5 different races? Does that seem right?
Quote from: nanotm
I was picking on his mention of ginger's as part of the classification of racism.....

You failed to realise I was simply using that as an example of what some see as racism (just like reds.. but you didn't mind that did you!). I was not picking on gingers. As I've mentioned before I don't care what skin colour someone has so why would I be bothered about hair colour?
I am however very anti-religion because religion is what causes so much trouble around the world.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I am however very anti-religion because religion is what causes so much trouble hatred around the world.

Far too many of the world's problems are caused by 'religion'.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Quote from: nanotm

A prime example of this actually:
some people around here are very trigger happy with the "report to moderator" link

I do hope you didn't forget to do your duty and report me nanotm - even though:
Seriously, nanotm's reply is a very good example of how twitchy some people can get about the racism subject.
Community Veteran

Quote from: 77
Far too many of the world's problems are caused by 'religion

Many may be but on the other side of the coin many problems are also solved by religion.