cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Response

Community Veteran

Quick Response

I was wondering if anyone uses QR codes on their mobile phones and how good it is.
QR.

6 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Quick Response

Works fine for me although I have had limited use for it so far apart from checking a few prices in the supermarket.
I have this app loaded on my Android.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Thanks for that Strat.  A lot of buildings have a QR code and when scanned you are able to see details of the building.
Are you aware of any security issues in using the codes?
Fixes: 47

I'm not but that naturally doesn't preclude their existence.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

They have started putting QR codes on headstones. OK for providing lots of information if used together with traditional minimal information carved in which will last for decades. The QR code will only work as long as the technology remains in use and as long as the host website is still running (and any annual fees continue to be paid).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2198127/Quick-Response-QR-Beyond-grave-A-funeral-director-la...
Community Veteran

@alanf I saw that article in the DM and it's what made me ask my original question.  Mind you it's not cheap as the article states but some people may like the idea - particularly the funeral directors Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

While I don't have  smartphone that can handle QR codes, I have been tinkering with them on the PC recently.
I noticed security risks instantly. You can make someone open a url, send an email or sms automatically.
Imagine scanning my QR code for an SMS subscription service OR just sending me one text that costs you £25. Imagine opening a url that has a hidden frame with a form in it for a XSS attack against someones website.
Of course its possible that your phones will give you the details and ask if you want to proceed before doing any of the above but from the limited understanding I have of the apps that scan these codes they do the instruction in the code automatically.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!