cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question time

Fixes: 104

Question time

I actually think this could be the most boring question I've watched.
Will Moderate For Thanks
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Question time

So far I agree with you.  All questions seem to be about the BNP but i guess that was inevitable.
SparckZero
Grafter

I agree with artmo - it was inevitable that this would be a very BNP focused episode. Ironically enough, the whole furore surrounding his appearance has only served to focus the show more on him.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd much rather be reading the PN forums than watching that (yawn).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

If there was one good thing to come out of the programme it was that Griffiths did himself no favours, indeed he did harm to his cause.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: SparckZero
Ironically enough, the whole furore surrounding his appearance has only served to focus the show more on him.

I rather thought that was what he set out to achieve. All publicity is good publicity whatever its content...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Petlew
All publicity is good publicity whatever its content...
I can't see that BBC had much option other than to allow Nick Griffin to appear - he's an elected MEP and it seems that BNP got 6% of the votes in the European elections. I hasten to say that I wasn't a supporter.
One might argue that cancelling the programme would have been allowing mob rule to win. As it is the mob only gave BNP  more publicity.
I have to say that I was amused by the young woman who, whilst being dragged out by her ankles, was wagging a finger and chanting " shame on you BBC"
Community Veteran

The BBC would have come in for criticism with whatever decision they took about allowing him on the panel.  He certainly didn't come across well, IMO, so I hope this will stop them from inviting him back again.
N/A

I didn't watch the programme but from what I have seen on the news this morning the man was wholly outnumbered resulting in
unbalanced debate. If the BBC are so keen to give the BNP airtime in the interests of democracy then they should take more care in selecting the audience.
Whatever people think of the political views of the man, he and his colleague were democratically elected and would not have been had the current and past governments tackled the immigration issue in an open and fair way.
Very few people would have been willing to appear on television in such circumstances and it must have taken some courage to do it.
Community Veteran

Normally on Questiontime the audience is screened by the BBC to attempt to get a balanced group representing all shades of opinion.  This may not have been possible last night.  The audience were certainly hostile to Griffiths but there were no demonstrations or disruptions. I was surprised, however, at the many questions asked by David Dimbleby.  He was not as impartial as perhaps he should have been. 
Fixes: 104

I thought it was one sided and a real lack of debate I gave up and went to bed.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I gotta agree it was very much a one sided lets give nick a hard time show. I do agree however he's done himself few favours. Personally I think he looked a bit freaky the way he found everything instantly funny and then managed to stop laughing and return to a serious straight face almost instantly. It just seemed really weird.
I think he's a strange deluded fellow really. I'll appreciate some points he made did make sense but not many. I certainly wouldn't trust him enough to ever vote for him but then I don't vote as I don't trust any of them! What ever way you look at it they're all there to tax us to hell while raiding the coffers for themselves.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!