cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Polls

zedingrove
Grafter

Question regarding Polls

I have a serious question which needs addressing and with 19,000 members of this Forum should give me a rough idea for an article.
The question is really quite simple: Have you or do you know anyone that has been affected, by the recent
regulations which are now being enforced on JSA claimants?
The reasoning behind the question is that in the last 6 months 30,000 people have been either suspended or a sanction has been put in place
and this can last from 1 to 13 weeks. Which means you will not be entitled to JSA. There is however Hardship Award which will give the claimant
minimum level of financial support at a lower rate.
This of course is not a new scheme to make the figures look good, some 20 years ago. If a claimant received an adverse decision on labour market conditions
he would then receive Income Support, which 20 years ago was £10 less than Unemployment Benefit.
This was later scrapped and found by the Courts of Human Rights to be unfair and unjust.
Sorry if I rattle on but guess who has just fallen foul of this scheme? Only problem is if you look hard enough you can find all documents relating to JSA, DWP, ESA and Hardship payments, which at the beginning of every document states... Do not give the guidance reviews to claimants or any outside bodies under any circumstance.
Yet under the Freedom-of-Information-Request act anyone may request any such document, form, working practices, training guides for all staff and legal documents for said agencies.
Thoughts?
16 REPLIES
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Question regarding Polls

My thought is this should really be in the Chit Chat area than here.
As for what you have said, a case of same old Tories up to their 'tricks' again?
Fixes: 47

Moderator's Note Agreed and moved.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
zedingrove
Grafter

I had a feeling you were going to move thread, only I was asking a question relating to see if I could put a question on the POLLS section of the community site.
The rest of the context was to inform the Moderators the consideration as to the validity of such a question to be put on the POLLS
I apologise if the main context was misleading in any way. 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

There isn't a POLLs section. You can put a poll anywhere as long as the question is relevant to the section you put it in.
In the case of your topic, chitchat is the right place!
zedingrove
Grafter

So at the top of every page in the community section of Plusnet are 5 tabs, labelled Home, Blogs, Polls, Forums and Library.
So if there is not a Polls section within the community section of Plusnet, what is the Polls Tab?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

That is purely for polls run by Plusnet.
Users can start polls in any of the forums - as has been recommended for yours Chit Chat would be the most appropriate. Linky
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Experience shows that polls are not well supported on the forums and therefore of little validity.
zedingrove
Grafter

I think it would be most helpful when, Moderators move a Topic state the reason why, as I have wasted time over this!
I just wonder if anyone actually read the post correctly?
I raised a question in the community Forum which was in the Main Header: Re: Question regarding Polls
Perhaps it was my fault, over complicating the reason behind my question... Who knows
I would really like to know what qualities are needed to become a Moderator? Certainly it is not "intellectual rights"!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: zedingrove
I think it would be most helpful when, Moderators move a Topic state the reason why, as I have wasted time over this!

I would really like to know what qualities are needed to become a Moderator? Certainly it is not "intellectual rights"!

Thin ice there, I think, my friend.  Wink
zedingrove
Grafter

Thought that myself so had to double check the exact meaning, and does not refer to someone's intellect!
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter

How about the time we've wasted having to read your mixed up posts Roll eyes
Don't worry about the qualities needed to be a mod - I can't see you getting many votes Wink
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well in your first post all you mentioned was the question you wanted to post as a poll. There was little information as to what you were really asking about, posting a poll. If you read back what you said, ending on a question as 'thoughts' is misleading and there was no actual 'question about polls'.
zedingrove
Grafter

I am sorry, you have lost me, >Well in your first post all you mentioned was the question you wanted to post as a poll<
Shall make it very simple... Thoughts refers to the question of posting a Poll, ie Thoughts? Is  this (context) possible in Polls? Or  Do you think it would make a good Poll?
Please this is basic English here, how hard can it be to understand what I write and the way in which I write?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Terribly difficult sometimes  Wink  I don't know if a few less beers would help, or posting outside of the hangover zone  Cool