Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quelle surprise

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Quelle surprise

A £17m package of joint Anglo-French security measures, really?

If the tables were turned can anybody imagine those mercenary French opening their purses? No, me neither. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/06/uk-immigration-minister-confirms-work-will-begin-on-bi...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Quelle surprise

build a wall and make them pay for it.
oh wait, someone else said that just recently.
Minivanman
Hero

Not the same, this is French territory not British. 

If the Americans want to build a wall in America then fine, let them knock themselves out. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If I arrived in almost any other country having destroyed my passport and claiming asylum what would happen to me ?

Some countries would make the airline or shipping company take me back at their own expense, in some countries it would be jail for a period of time or claim I was a spy with even a longer jail sentence.

I can understand people who come from Syria have a genuine claim to asylum but many who come are not from Syria, surely it would make sense to immediately deport anyone who did not fall within a genuine group of those claiming asylum.

If they come from France or elsewhere send them back to France, no appeals or time wasting strategies, by doing that there would be more room for genuine asylum seekers. No need for any walls criminals and non genuine asylum seekers should be removed immediately.

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed but the problem is not coming from France, it's being stuck there and their authorities have been doing sweet fanny adams about it. This issue predates Syria by some years - these guys have been wandering up and down that A16 for quite some time and now we have to pay for putting a fence up? Just to rub salt in it you can bet you last Euro that the work will be done by French contractors as well. 

Stupid stupid stupid.