cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantum entanglement - whats the beef here?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quantum entanglement - whats the beef here?

I'm sure you can probably find the latest news on the chinese developments on many news sites..

Now what i can't figure out is that if two particles remain connected after entanglement and are supposed to reflect the states of their partner at virtually any distance...

Why are the chinese using a "network" in order to achieve their latest development, and why are they bragging about achieving the vast distances in the first place?

I thought these particles were supposed to be able to work from one side of the galaxy to the other!

I did notice that they're also talking about transmitting photons.. so are they actually talking about two differing things here? - eg create the entangled pair and then transmitting one of the particles to a remote location for use?

Somebody please clear this up for me..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Quantum entanglement - whats the beef here?

But isn't it a quantum network that is not resolvable in the physical world and has a life measured in picoseconds.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The Chinese military want this to have secure networks the USA can't hack.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2134843-chinese-satellite-beats-distance-record-for-quantum-ent...

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Interesting article.

So from that one would I be right to conclude that:

The satellite is creating entangled pairs, then it beams them down to ground stations which can then use them to directly communicate / signal their opposite ground station.

Is that right?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!