cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting things off

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Putting things off

There is an old saying that goes, never put of until tomorrow what you can do today.
These days it seems for many people the opposite is true, put of until tomorrow  what you should be doing today, unfortunately tomorrow never comes.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Putting things off

We've a line of trees (overgrown cupressus species), 30-40ft high with 2ft diameter at base. I planted them around 40 years ago, to act as a windbreak for a copse of slow growing trees. Now they are old and limbs breaking off in strong wind. Swmbo has been onto me for several years to take them down, I've been putting it off with some excuse or other.
Until today, 6 of the worst are down cut into 4m lengths with a heap of brushwood for composting.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
These days it seems for many people the opposite is true, put of until tomorrow  what you should be doing today, unfortunately tomorrow never comes.

Oh don't get me started, I'm one of the worst for putting stuff off. I really can't help myself. Mind you I do have a couple of health problems that heavily excuse me from getting things done but even before those I used to put things off frequently as I just couldn't be bothered.
I think it has a lot to do with peoples lifestyles too. If they have a happy positive life they tend not to worry about doing things and just do them to get them out the way. If they have a pretty crappy life then people seem to loose motivation to deal with things and put it off (like me). Thats my theory anyway and having known plenty of people who match both of those descriptions I'm sticking to it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

The Spanish simply say mañana. They do nothing today that they can do tomorrow Smiley
Community Veteran

those spanish are hasty folk.
Community Veteran

I intended to reply to this thread a few hours ago but I put it off. Smiley
Fixes: 121

It' all down to lethargy.
I used to be lethargic - can't be bothered any more Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I tend to do today what I can do today... and when "tomorrow" comes... repeat....... this ensures that I always have time "tomorrow" to enjoy the things I did yesterday...because I don`t have to do them today  Cheesy
Razer
Grafter

Depends what it is with me, but over all I do what I can when I can.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
The Spanish simply say mañana.

Quote I heard "There no such word in the Derbyshire dialect that conveys the urgency of the word mañana"

Derbyshire dialect...insert your preferred language/dialect
Community Veteran

You need to obtain one of those round tuit devices - everything gets done then.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.