Put the Delorean thru the car wash

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Put the Delorean thru the car wash

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Put the Delorean thru the car wash

Almost certainly the greatest film trilogy to exist.
Way better than start wars, lord of the bling and all the other pointless unreal stuff!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 123

I'm with you on that one, 7up.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Indiana Jones?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation

Quadrilogy Wink
I didn't rate the 4th Indiana Jones that highly or the second really.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Indiana Jones?

As Mav says and even so it still wasn't sci-fi enough for me  Tongue
Ok to BTTF is also unreal involving time travel etc but it did at least make it believeable should it ever become a reality.

For me I don't believe time travel will ever be possible but I really like films that explore the potential and how they cover the paradoxes that could arise.

Not a good topic for me as for years now I have been compared to Dr. Emmett Brown Roll eyes
Come on....if I had a Flux Capacitor I would have sold it to the highest bidder years ago and retired to a desert island.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
For me I don't believe time travel will ever be possible but I really like films that explore the potential and how they cover the paradoxes that could arise.

On the contrary, I believe it may be.
NASA are already working on how to bend space-time for light speed travel. This involves slowing down time at light speeds in order to stop decades passing by as time speeds up the nearer the speed of light you get to.
If NASA think they can slow time down, then time is not a constant. If it's not a constant it can be manipulated and if it can be manipulated..Wink
I suspect it may be possible one day to travel through time but I don't think we'll ever see it in our lifetimes. What I really doubt is possible is a ship that deconstructs itself to transport such as the tardis.
Community Veteran

I thought the "millennium" trilogy was pretty good, along with 'The Godfather's' and Squint Westwood the 'Dollar' films, Alien & Bourne
Worst must include Austin Powers, Naked Gun, Parrots of the Caribbean.
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: 7up
Quote from: Mav

On the contrary, I believe it may be.
NASA are already working on how to bend space-time for light speed travel. This involves slowing down time at light speeds in order to stop decades passing by as time speeds up the nearer the speed of light you get to.
If NASA think they can slow time down, then time is not a constant. If it's not a constant it can be manipulated and if it can be manipulated..Wink
I suspect it may be possible one day to travel through time but I don't think we'll ever see it in our lifetimes. What I really doubt is possible is a ship that deconstructs itself to transport such as the tardis.

the idea is that since time occurs more slowly the larger the gravataional effect on it that if you can generate a mini blackhole you can effectively undo the effects of achieving faster than light speed, similarly since the space time continuum is full of ripples rather than being a flat linear construct a suitable blackhole generation device would be able to temporarily adjust the wave form frequency in order to pass through (like a swimmer on the beach) the waves so an hours travel could cross millions of light years, before switching off the gravity well and letting everything get back to normal
theres a whole series of sci-fi books about it dating back to the 1950's but its only been the last 5 years that any real progress was made on how to generate a super dense gravity well to perform the "bunching wave effect" and its totally unreliable, the last thing I read on the topic suggested that if its used inside a solar system it would likely destroy everything before the "instantaneous interstellar jump" was made, theres also concerns about how a singularity device would effect or interact with everything in its flight path ....

@strat
open your microwave the circular flux klystron valve is used as a wave guide on the end of the flux capacitor which is how microwave frequencies are emitted in a unidirectional transmitter in order to make those power lunches (circa 1983)  Grin
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you

Thanks for the tip nanotm....I'll get it out of my microwave and fit it to my car this afternoon, weather permitting. Smiley
TORPC
Grafter

@ Strat
Make sure you have plenty of

to reach the top of the tallest buildings earth rod Tongue