4798.jpg

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Re: Pubs open

Speaking to a friend of mine today.

I am not sure if my local will be open, but don't really like them as they were rude to me once. He wants to go there as he likes it there, so I may have to relucantly go in there to meet him. That won't be until around 5pm.

Is that 6AM? That is a bit early even for me. Though many years ago, we went to an airport (I think Gatwick). The people I were went with wanted a pint at Silly O'Clock. Something like 4AM. I was in "Yey holiday mode", and I didn't have a soft drink put it that way.

Naughty of me, but there you go and no harm done 😆

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 18

I really wanted to find out if a Pub opening would hit Plusnet's new censorship policy. I wouldn't go near a roomful of infectors.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I have a feeling tomorrow there will be much alcoholism, lots of fights, plenty of vomit everywhere and the police will be very busy scraping drunk people up to throw in the drunk tank...

Meanwhile, I have had 1x 500ml bottle of Bombardier this evening, and I'm happy with that... 😊

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 18

I hope the drunks don't have the nerve to block up A&E because they are feeling a bit queasy.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Fair enough @twocvbloke 

I just stay at home, I have had a couple of friends round.

Pop over to my sister and see my niece, if they need anything.

I would like to go to London, or as I call it (as I have a cockey accent) Laaaaadan 😀

All we can do is see how things go.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 50

In Greater Manchester they're erecting tents outside some A&E's due to the expected influx 🤣

edited to fix smilie 😋

Ex-Plusnetter now living life in the G,fast lane!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yep I would like to go to London as I have a few friends there I'd like to meet.
I will have to keep an eye on the situation and see how things go, not impreitave.

About an hour on the train each way for me.

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

Allowing the pubs to open @6am at the same time as urging the public to behave responsibly is little more than an attempt by Bozo at shifting the blame if there's a second wave....

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Many do act in a responsible manner but there is no effective way of dealing with those who do not.

From the very beginning the social distance message was repeated numerous times every day but even then some choose to ignore it.

So not sure how any PM could deal effectively with that.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Roll on Lockdown 2.0...

Highlighted
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

The potential for problems resulting from the reopening of pubs and bars could have been reduced if the PM had chosen to reopen on a weekday and if the treasury had not tweeted that we should all go and ‘raise a glass’. Perhaps the potential dangers could have been reduced further if the PM had waited until the number of new Covid-19 was much lower before allowing pubs and bars to open. Perhaps *that* is how the PM could deal more effectively with the current situation.

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 12

@gleneagles wrote:

Many do act in a responsible manner but there is no effective way of dealing with those who do not.

From the very beginning the social distance message was repeated numerous times every day but even then some choose to ignore it.

Unless you've been living under a rock, then you'd realise his response from the outset has been negligent at best.

What kind of message does it send letting your "adviser" and father (and openly laughing about it when questioned) get away with doing whatever the [-Censored-] they like?

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@rEUnite wrote: The potential for problems resulting from the reopening of pubs and bars could have been reduced if the PM had chosen to reopen on a weekday and if the treasury had not tweeted that we should all go and ‘raise a glass’. Perhaps the potential dangers could have been reduced further if the PM had waited until the number of new Covid-19 was much lower before allowing pubs and bars to open.

I doubt if it would have made a blind bit of difference what day they re-opened. There are so many workers furloughed at the moment, its like one big holiday (even at 80% pay).

As for waiting for Covid cases to reduce, its a judgement call. One reason we pay people to make that call. Agree or not, it's their job. Get it right and people will say, lucky. Get it wrong and it'll be the usual tantrums and I told you so. Truth is, even the opposition would have to make the same calls with exactly the same info and outcome. Same old, same old.

Anyway Cheers! Hold my beer. 😁🍺

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Pro

@idonno wrote:.

As for waiting for Covid cases to reduce, its a judgement call.

Of course it is a judgement call - my judgement being that this is not the right time to be opening pubs! 😊

@idonno wrote:
Truth is, even the opposition would have to make the same calls with exactly the same info and outcome.

That is your opinion rather than the ‘truth’. It seems to me that reopening pubs now is prioritising business profits over lives, and business does seem to be a higher priority for the current government than the opposition, although I would agree that the current opposition are rather more pro-business than I would like.

@idonno wrote:
Hold my beer. 

I wouldn’t recommend letting anyone else hold your beer - that could well result in the virus getting on to your glass / bottle with potentially disastrous results 🥵