cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public & Private sector

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Public & Private sector

Whilst I can understand that a number of people believe that those in the private sector work much harder than those in the public sector and are quite happy to give numerous examples of how lazy some public sector workers are, it is totally incorrect to think there are more lazy people in the public sector than the private sector.
Ever been ripped off for car repairs, had problems with your Bank, energy company, Insurance company (and the vast amounts lost on your pension) or been in a shop where the assistants were more interested in chatting about their personal lives than providing you with a good service ?
To sum up, how lazy people are is down to the individual person and nothing to do with where they work.
Remember that when you read this rubbish in the press about lazy public sector workers keep in mind they are after a good story and don't let things like facts get in the way.
7 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Public & Private sector

Size matters in this case. Employees in smaller companies will generally work harder, do more work, than in larger companies. Public sector=large company=lazy workers
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

True enough.. I've been in multiple public departments and they're all the same..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
johpal
Grafter

This old chestnut again!  Cheesy
Public sector work often exists because nobody in the private sector is willing, or able to do it and remain in profit. You'll find lazy people in any walk of life; just like good and bad. Lay off public sector workers (of which I happen to be one)!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Absolutely correct jonpal, in the early 1960s I worked for a few years in one of the Old Mental Hospitals. We worked a 12 hour shift, no extra pay for nights, week ends etc and the pay was less than half the Average National Wage.
The staffing was never above 60% of what it should have been and the majority of the staff were from overseas. In short people who lived in the area were not prepared to do the job & a similar situation occured on the Railways & Buses where most of the staff were from overseas.
So you are quite right..........Lay off public sector workers.
HighLordPhanty
Grafter

Quote from: johpal
Lay off public sector workers (of which I happen to be one)!

Careful what you wish for...
thejudge
Grafter

Yes, an unfortunate way of putting it!  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes do be carefull  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11993491
Convicted judge swears and storms out of Carlisle court