cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psychic Healing, and Mediums and other stuff

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Psychic Healing, and Mediums and other stuff

Just had a local freebie paper stuffed through our letterbox, and at the bottom of the front page, there are three large box (display) advert about Mediums , Psychic healing etc..... one of whom is giving a "show" and wants £16 per head for a ticket, (on the door) £17 plus 38p P&P by post (!!!).... another is offering three types of courses, each spread over a year, for "Beginners - Intermediate - Advanced "  10 week course - 3 terms a year. ! ! !..
Now I`m not a believer..... so I wonder, Is the guy giving his "show" doing,, Just That..... putting on a show, like a "magician" with slight of mind, instead of slight of hand (!), to make a living, or is he genuinely "gifted"....
secondly, the person offering the "courses".... Surely these "gifted" people ... "know" they have the "gift" and should not need to be coached from "Beginner" status through to "Advanced" ? ? ? 
just seems to be one big con to me.......
anyone else got experience of this kind of "entertainment" 
did it "work" for you?  what is your experience and feelings ?
53 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Psychic Healing, and Mediums and other stuff

Send me a recent photograph of you, wrapped in two £20 notes and I'll store them in a restorative psychic field for six months. This will restore hair lost through baldness, libido and help you lose weight while gaining extra friends. If you send a suitably wrapped photo of your router I'll apply psychic influence to increase your bandwidth.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I have a foolproof method of making money from the National Lottery. Please send £25 for my famous mind over matter predictions.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
kdoug007
Grafter

common  guys..!!
  thats  odd  my    table  is  starting to  wobble.....
Fixes: 47

Quote from: kdoug007

So is my belly but no amount of psychic power is going to turn it into a 6 pack.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

common  guys..!!

maybe you need to but something under the leg to level it off Wink
Fixes: 124

I had tickets to see a psychic show a few years back but it was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Strat

So is my belly but no amount of psychic power is going to turn it into a 6 pack.

Grin Very good
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

A friend went to see a psychic but when she got there he was closed.  Couldn't have been that good if he didn't know she was coming Wink Wink
Community Veteran

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. Grin
(credit to Steve Wright)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Reminds me of a con some years ago when a bloke sent out hundreds of letters to women whose address he got from the phone book, it said,
' I Know what you have done, you know what you have done and if you don't want anyone else finding out what you have done then send me £20 to keep quite about it '
Of course someone reported him to the police and he was taken to court but the amazing thing was the number of people who had sent him money !!
Fixes: 47

I passed the Friends Meeting House the other day and there was a sign on the door "Thursday's meeting of Psychics Anonymous has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"
Friday was the inaugural meeting of Pyromaniacs Anonymous. Most attendees were nervous but they needn't have worried. Everyone got on like a house on fire.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation

On a more serious note I think these so-called psychic, mediums, etc. prey on vulnerable people who, for whatever reason, are looking for some answers, direction or comfort in their lives. This could be because of the loss of a loved one or something else missing or lacking.
Back in the 80's a girlfriend was frequently seeking closure on the death of her mother and wanting to know what else life had in store for her. She went to a few local psychics then heard that Doris Stokes (remember her?) was doing a 'show' locally. Being a non-believer in such matters I wanted to tag along to see what it was all about.
It was quite an eye opener; the place was buzzing with people full of talk of lost loved ones, missed opportunities, loneliness and so forth. Miss Stoke came to the stage and asked various questions. Does the name Peter mean anything to someone, a black car, a white shirt, a handkerchief, etc. The questions were vague and could apply to almost everyone at some point. When one person was left with his/her hand up further questions were asked. These questions were deliberately worded so that the answer to later questions would already have been revealed with the person not realising it which made the psychic seem all that more 'real'.
Then the show proper really began with Doris apparently talking with a dead relative (displaying this by looking over her shoulder - always the same one; didn't these 'ghosts' ever move around or appear from other directions?). Always the questions were vague enough that the person would be able to give some sort of answer. At the end the members of the audience chosen to go on stage always seemed content. Were they planted there or were their aspirations fulfilled?
Perhaps these charlatans actually do a good job in helping those who believe but my girlfriend of the time never went back.
In a previous private session with a psychic she was told she would marry a man called David (often wondered if that's why we split) and various other things would happen in her life (can't remember the details now). Perhaps they did but more in a self-fulfilling way as the suggestion had been planted in her mind rather than being co-incidental
This is all just my thoughts on the subject based on people I've known and my experience.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

When two psychics met, one said to the other, “You are fine. How am I?”  Smiley
“I almost had a Psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.”  Smiley ( another credit to Steve Wright )

You may need a different psychic is she shakes her crystal ball, then predicts a large snowstorm.