cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof that web browsers can not spell :)

TORPC
Grafter

Proof that web browsers can not spell :)

For example I will use a common word that is & has been used for quite a while now
malware

& yes it is set to default to English (United Kingdom)

Even Firefox 27.0.1 can not spell it's own name  Grin
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Proof that web browsers can not spell :)

lol
I used to love FF's spell checker moons ago until it one day upgraded automatically and reverted back to the US dictionary. At that point I gave up. I thought mozilla, linux and the rest of the free movement were against forced upgrades that cripple your customised setup but clearly not!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Proof that web browsers can not spell :)

my pc uses the default dictionary file most of the time for spell checking (I know because I had to have the other half edit it for me when it stopped highlighting some of the transpositions) which is installed as part of wordpad (yes I use M$), no matter how many updates get done the custom dictionary never gets changed Smiley
on my other pc though (winCool the dictionary is from the M$ cloud so it often proffers 3 spellings for every word (which is why I don't use it very often)
although to be honest I'm pretty lazy about that sort of thing so if the browser doesn't highlight everything I wont spend the time clicking to "fix", fortunately the latetst IE iterations are really good ad picking up "traits" so they can often suggest correctly to really gobbledygook looking stuff which I have to say as a slexydistic type I find really useful (especially since having to re-learn motor control it has also transferred into using the pc) and I don't often give a toss if its English English or US English
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you