cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processed cheese eggs.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Processed cheese eggs.

That American cheese company has decided to ruin that bastion of British Society, namely the Cadbury's Creme Egg.  BBC report link and here. There's less cocoa in the chocolate in the egg as well.
I'd noticed they'd changed the blocks to blobs on the chocolate bars. Is nothing sacred to these heathens?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Processed cheese eggs.

My Stepson bought a few people boxes of Milk Tray for Christmas - half the chocolates that there used to be and £5 a box ?
I'm going to start boycotting the company - less chocolate will help my waistline as well as my wallet.
Community Veteran

I bought tins of 750g of Cadbury's Roses chocolates as gifts for papergirl, receptionist and a few others at Christmas. £4 a tin - great value Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The last time I had cadbury's chocolate was sometime last year, these days it just tastes like greasy sugar...
Won't be long before it tastes just like Hershey's chocolate, which tastes like vomit, that stuff is awful...
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Price of Cocoa futures:-

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Cocoa futures?  If the price of raw material increases pass it on to the consumer, but don't alter the quality/size. When commodity prices fall - reduce the price.  For the people who don't want to pay extra, Cadbury [Kraft] should bring out a new confectionery range called "Adulteration" which has a fixed price and variable contents.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Apparently there is a world wide backlash against the change of "recipe"... and you can now sing a song about it !..
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/551958/Watch-Cadbury-Creme-Egg-Recipe-Song-Youtube-Viral-Video-crem...
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I thought chicken laid these eggs.
( image removed.....cover blown....) Tongue
Community Veteran

Are selfies allowed on the forum Crazy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Looks like it,..... Oh.. hang on...that`s not you  (  Crazy  )  though...is it?  .. unless..........

Community Veteran

the writing was on the wall when kraft wanted to buy cadbury's and promised (politicians' promise) to keep the workforce as is.  kraft make the ghastly hershey and oreos - two things no human should ever put in its mouth.
of course they were going to ruin everything cadbury made.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: artificer
kraft make the ghastly hershey and oreos

Technically speaking, Kraft UK makes UK Oreos, Nabisco across the pond makes proper Oreos which are far nicer than their UK counterparts, I've had proper Texas-made Oreos sent over the pond and they were so much better than the hockey pucks we get here...  Undecided
Though Nabisco was owned by Kraft 'til 2012, but apparently Kraft split up with itself in that year and what owns Cadburys now is something mexican sounding... Shocked
Fixes: 125

Quote from: AlaricAdair
That American cheese company has decided to ruin that bastion of British Society, namely the Cadbury's Creme Egg.

I must admit to never liking them. Did try many years ago and found them to be too gooey and sickly yet I have a very sweet tooth!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still