cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Polish builders

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Problems with Polish builders

The BBC reports that some builders have knocked down a château in France. Unfortunately it was the wrong building.  
It is so difficult to get good builders nowadays.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Problems with Polish builders

Reminds me of this:

>
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: AlaricAdair
The BBC reports that some builders have knocked down a château in France. Unfortunately it was the wrong building.  
It is so difficult to get good builders nowadays.

They should have used a demolition company..... not builders  Roll eyes
Fixes: 47

Quote from: shutter
They should have used a demolition company..... not builders   Roll eyes

According to 'Cowboy Builders' in a lot of cases there is no difference.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

might have been a misunderstanding due to language problems ......  Embarrassed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well apparently I'm "potentially racist" for putting forward my own personal experience with polish people.
Doesn't matter that I have a lot of links to the polish community and speak from first hand experience.
If you lot can't tolerate the truth then you better go and change the world and turn it into perfection. While you're at it, please solve famine, poverty, disease etc.
I am not and never have been racist. You fail to remember my previous username which clearly wasn't english. Don't worry, no apology needed, I'm ringing the CSC about this to make a complaint about OldJim and the member who made this allegation.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
James
Grafter

You're better off PMing Chris Parr as the CSC won't be able to do anything for you.
Community Veteran

Thanks, will do.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

I was actually one of the people to report this to the moderators, I'd reported it as there were sweeping generalisations in there that *could* have been picked up on as racial stereotypes.
I'm sure that while there are Polish builders that fit the stereotype, there are also British builders too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Well considering this entire topic is about 'Polish' builders not 'builders' in general I'm rather gobsmacked that you dare accuse me of being potentially racist.
As it happens, I'm on hold trying to get through to you on the phone as we speak. I'd be grateful if you'd take the call. I won't be rude I just wish to put my POV across.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I didn't accuse you of being racist, I merely stated that the post could be interpreted as having racial stereotypes. Unfortunately I'm just off to a meeting so can't take your call.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

According to your man you've just gone into a meeting and couldn't talk to me. Shameful that it was a lie because at 10:53 you left you previous reply to me and now you've definitely "just gone into a meeting" you've managed to leave me another reply  Roll eyes
To think, I stand accused of being potentially racist yet you guys can't even speak the truth. You expect me to have faith in you and your moderators?
I want an apology. I will PM you Chris but I want a public apology.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Okay, I'm now back at my desk.
To think, I stand accused of being potentially racist yet you guys can't even speak the truth. You expect me to have faith in you and your moderators?
I want an apology. I will PM you Chris but I want a public apology.

As above, I haven't accused you of being racist, the way the post was worded/read meant it could be misinterpreted as racial stereotypes. The fact that I wasn't the only person to report it shows that it was being misinterpreted this way. Sorry if you feel that you've been accused of racism, that wasn't why the post was reported.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

You never left your desk. We both know it but moving on..
I am bitterly offended. I have PM'd you about this.
It's fine to have a thread that ridicules polish builders making a blunder but when someone with personal experience actually tells of personal experience you have a problem and get all politically correct?
Fine we can do that but would you please remove the word 'polish' from this entire topic.
Community Veteran

Has anyone PM'd AlaricAdair about this post designed to ridicule the polish builders?