cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Private Messages

When using PM's, I can't see how to reply to a PM?

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Private Messages

When reading an email in the inbox I have a purpley/pink reply button bottom right, just the same as there is in a thread post.

Community Veteran

Emmm! interesting that, as I know of at least one other member who was having the same trouble.

But, yes you're quite right Mayfly.

I wonder why the reply button wasn't available yesterday?

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Ah! I see where the confusion lays. If the PM is fairly short - say less than three lines - the entire message can be shown in the message list without opening it. Therefore the reply button doesn't show.

Doh!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

Snap - I had the same problem Embarrassed

And reported it here but can't be bothered to look it up

Community Veteran

It seems to me that in most other message windows where a message continues/overflows the window size there is a "more..." link on the bottom right. This usually opens the full message window, and in this case would include the reply button.

I would be helpful here too.