cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Privacy

I Guess it will come as no surprise to anyone on these forums but any sort of private details appear to be available to anyone with internet access.
Just been looking at ZOOPLA  and  MOUSEPRICE which give details of the price paid for most houses in the UK.
3 REPLIES
x47c
Grafter

Re: Privacy

It's all taken from the Land Registry details
Previously prices paid were confidential, but after a certain date they started releasing the last sale figure.  However this release is delayed by (I think) 6 months after the sale has gone through - to make the data less immediately available I'guess to the likes of the Daily Mail etc and other busy bodies.
By 6 months on no one would be really bothered anymore and it's not newsworthy.
Sales made before the date when all future prices would be available/public are still confidential and not released.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

In the good old days the sale price of a house would be announced on the For Sale board outside of the house. In those days of course the price could fit on a small sign post. Why all this privacy stuff?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

House prices are available going back to 1995.  The only delay is the time it takes the solicitors to notify LR of the details and for them to process the information.  This is currently less than 3 months.