cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing money

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Printing money

Whilst driving I missed a call. An 0808 number. So I phoned them back. First, I get a recorded message from Vodafone " This call will be charged at 14p a minute...."
Was expecting parcel delivery firm or some such to be om the other line. Instead I get another recorded message " You were called today by (you guessed it) Vodafone, as a courtesy call, there is no need to call back".
Sly buggers!
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Printing money

If it's a number I don't recognise I never ring back either from my mobile or landline.
Even if I do recognise it but isn't within my allowances I still don't ring back.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RichAllen
Grafter

You do know that until April 2015 08 numbers are charged as premium rate on mobiles right?
wilcochris
Dabbler

Well, not all 08 numbers on all mobiles. My mobile network gives me 0800 numbers for free. A start at least
dick:quote
Glenn
Grafter

I use an app to call non free 08 numbers with (0800 numbers are free on Giffgaff bot not 080Cool...I just had to make a load of calls to an 08 number over the weekend and I saved like £9 odds using the app
The app is for Android or iPhone...and non smart phones can use the service too.  
It's called WeQ4U..... http://www.weq4u.co.uk/
Cheesy