cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prince Philip is to completely retire from royal duties aged 95, Buckingham Palace announces

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Prince Philip is to completely retire from royal duties aged 95, Buckingham Palace announces

In a statement Buckingham palace said this morning: 'His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh has decided that he will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year. In taking this decision, The Duke has the full support of The Queen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4472736/Prince-Philip-retire-royal-duties-95.html

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Prince Philip is to completely retire from royal duties aged 95, Buckingham Palace announces

I've a lot of admiration for the guy. He's 95 and deserves to be cut a bit of slack. I think with his navy background he's given Liz a lot of sound advice over the years.
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Prince Philip is to completely retire from royal duties aged 95, Buckingham Palace announces

Admiration? I pity the guy and the way he was manipulated by Mountbatten. We all make choices but I don't think this guy was ever able to make them. 

Maybe he can lead those Brexit negotiations, now that would be fun!  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Maybe he can lead those Brexit negotiations, now that would be fun!  

Yes, send him, Bojo and Farage! That'll teach em...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Prince Philip is to completely retire from royal duties aged 95,

Un Quote

Does that mean, he gets 30 years back dated pension  ? ? ? ? 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

he would only be eligible to receive state pension if his national insurance contributions were complete.
Minivanman
Hero

Presumably both him and his Mrs are eligible for that £200 a year fuel allowance?

And there's more......

No news is no news from the Daily Mail. The paper of the uninformed for the typically misinformed.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4471696/Royal-staff-called-London-emergency-meeting.html

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Apparently The Sun web site was reporting that he had died for a short time. Good old reliable journalists eh? I'll rephrase that. The Sun was reporting for a short time that he had died. As opposed to briefly leaving this life! 

nadger
Rising Star

@Minivanman Correction - we oldies get £300 Smiley

Back in 1947 a young lad had cycled into Central London to collect Southern Rail engine numbers.

The Royal Train pulled out with a young married couple on board Thumbs Up

To think I've now been here over 10 years and I'm still a Rising Star Sad

Minivanman
Hero

Even seventy year olds forget how young we still are Wink 

nadger
Rising Star

@Minivanman At least you get free TV licence.

At 80 my basic state pension went up 25p per week so extra £100 pa was worth much more

Minivanman
Hero

@nadger

Ah no, another five years to go before I get that.  

alanf
Aspiring Pro

Minivanman wrote:
Presumably both him and his Mrs are eligible for that £200 a year fuel allowance?

nadger wrote:

@Minivanman Correction - we oldies get £300 Smiley

Only oldies over 80 get £300. The Duke is of that age group but as he is living with someone else who also qualifies and is 80+ he's only entitled to £150 as is his wife.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/money-matters/claiming-benefits/heating-benefits/winter-fuel-payment/