Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Minister to address the nation tonight

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Re: Prime Minister to address the nation tonight

I am fortunate to have a small back garden so can at least get outside but this is going to be a real struggle for those living in flats and similar places. I also wonder how all these people with dogs are going to get on as they seem to be out everyday at all times.

Had a couple of hospital appointments this week, informed by the hospital there was no need to attend the Doctors would phone me to discuss outcome of tests, once this virus problem is over I suspect many hospital appointments where you do not need some physical intervention will in future be by phone, email or text.

I am sure everyone on the forum will be following the advice given despite our differences on various topics so....keep safe.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Clearly some are not taking the advice, mail on line has photographs of people on the tube still in packed carriages.....

Fair enough if they are all hospital or essential workers but that’s highly unlikely....they could be passing on this virus to the very people we need to maintain essential services.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

We have just spoken to our grand-daughter whose partner manages a local supermarket. He always says Tuesday is usually quiet with just one checkout open at this time.

Today, when we should be using restraint,  he has 4 checkouts open with queues waiting.

The world is mad.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@agedgopher 

The word is selfish, people who could not care less that they could spread the virus that will cost others their lives.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

I believe that part of the problem today is that so many people seem to have an air of invincibility.

It will never happen to me, I am OK, I won't catch it.

I used to have that sort of feeling about life. My first wife died in 1995 from ovarian cancer. I had never really been ill in my whole life. I will be fine, life is great.

Roll forward to July 1999, I had met an amazing woman and was due to get married. Just days before the wedding I was told that I had a rare form of Hodgkin's Lymphoma and needed chemotherapy and a course of radiotherapy. Chemotherapy is still a daily part of my  life, over 20 years on. There have been several major incidents during those 20 years which sees me now with an incurable form of blood cancer. I still enjoy life even with its many restrictions due to the precarious situation I am in. My bone marrow stubbornly refuses to produce some of the components of blood that we all take for granted. I also have no immune system due to having my spleen removed some 17 years ago.

The next 12 to 16 weeks are going to be a major challenge for me and my wife but we are determined to stay safe if humanly possible.

So I encourage everyone to please don't assume things will be OK.

Listen to the amazing range of advice that we are being given and please don't try to challenge this invisible enemy head on.

It is very hard to fight an enemy that you cannot see.

Most importantly do not be the person who introduces this enemy into your family or to your friends, you could give them a battle that they may not win.

Stay safe.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

@gleneagles wrote:

Clearly some are not taking the advice, mail on line has photographs of people on the tube still in packed carriages.....

Fair enough if they are all hospital or essential workers but that’s highly unlikely....they could be passing on this virus to the very people we need to maintain essential services.

Easy for a retiree with a pension to rely on to say....

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@DaveyH 

Wondered when you would pop up with some sarcastic comment.

Keep in mind I am one of the millions of retired people who are most vulnerable to this virus, the loss of income for millions of people is going to cause much suffering but which is worse.....loss of income or loss of life.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

@gleneagles wrote:

@DaveyH 

the loss of income for millions of people is going to cause much suffering but which is worse.....loss of income or loss of life.

If only banks, mortgage companies, landlords, councils, utility companies, etc, etc, etc took that view, but unfortunately they don't...

Many don't have access to the funds being made available to some, so have no other choice, but you carry on judging from home with your guaranteed income....

Community Veteran

@DaveyH 

Clearly you support the Donald Trump approach....it will all be over by Easter...in short more important to keep America working than bother about the number of deaths.

Let me be clear we are all losers in one way or another as a result of this virus and I am certainly judging no one simply making a observation which you clearly do not agree with but equally there are few posts you seem to agree with.

Ever thought of having something constructive to say ?