Prime Minister to address the nation tonight

•  
  • Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to address the nation at 20:30 GMT

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Prime Minister to address the nation tonight

We can all guess it's not going to be good news......

Highlighted
Pro

@shutter wrote:
  • address the nation

Rather than the daily press conference he has been holding. He really can’t stand having to answer questions / being held to account, can he?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

@shutter wrote:
  •  
  • Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to address the nation at 20:30 GMT

Thanks for that @shutter - I would have missed it without the warning.

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@jab1 wrote:
I would have missed it without the warning.

I might have seen it without the warning.

No I guess it will be worth watching just in case there's anything new.   Boris to address nation 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Champnet wrote:

We can all guess it's not going to be good news......

That depends on your view of good news.

If you like going out and he's going to enforce a lock down then you're right, it's not good.

If like many you want idiots to stay inside and stop endangering everybody else then it's good.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Well he pretty much spelt it out as it is bad bad bad.

He did say the measures will be enforced so I assume the army will be joining the police on the streets as the police can hardly cope at the best of times.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

HOW are they going to make sure you only go out 'once a day' - a guard on everyone's front door? - not going to happen.

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

The wise one`s will observe the PM`s words, and take the right action...

Only the IDIOTS will disregard his advice.

Just make sure you are .... A)   not one of the idiots..

or

B) you don`t come across one ( or more ) while you are being (A) ...

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I expect efforts will be concentrated on stopping groups gathering and unessential (whatever that is) shops staying closed.

Me, I'm just wondering if the dustbins will be emptied and will they be wearing bright orange environmental suits as they do it.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

@jab1 

I don't care what measures are used to control this. I am sure that the thinking individual would by now appreciate the difference between being alive or catching or indeed carrying the virus and possibly infecting family, friends and loved ones.

As one of the 1 million highest risk level patients that will have had the NHS text message this evening, I am able to have a window open!  No possibility of going out for at least 12 weeks. I am happy to comply. The prospect of some inconvenience in order to hopefully delay or hopefully defeat the virus is not to be rejected but accepted for the benefit of the many.

For 3 weeks now there has been seen the worst of human greed, gross profiteering and a reluctance to accept any restriction in the chosen way of life of a small number of individuals who exhibit the worst excesses of selfishness.

These same individuals are responsible for the verbal and physical abuse of checkout operators in supermarkets, massively unnecessary.

It is time for a great deal of individual self discipline in order for as many of us as possible to survive this pandemic.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

Seeing reports tonight of massive queues all around the country of people desparate for a last Big Mac before 7:00, I'm not optimistic.  😐

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I would say that a lot of people need cooking lessons but frankly some need showing just how to warm ready meals up.

I once knew someone who tried to give up takeaways but the best they could manage was a diet consisting almost entirely of bake beans. After a few weeks of this they developed a puffy sallow yellow complexion. And no one wanted to be in the same room as them.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

i had a mate once who literally couldn't even cook beans properly - he stuck the entire tin in the microwave when he came round my place. Didn't half stink of burnt metal and the arching inside the nuke box was like a lightening storm.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

@billnotben wrote:

I would say that a lot of people need cooking lessons but frankly some need showing just how to warm ready meals up.

Well, there will be no problem with that, if they stay at home... cos 50%  of television is cookery programmes... Masterchef.. saturday kitchen bites  sunday morning cooking...etc etc etc ... and all repeated during the week,  plus a few others that I don`t know about cos, I don`t watch them .. just know the titles from skimming through the programme listings trying to find something to watch..