cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview

Fixes: 125

Preview

Just a quick and simple poll of members' posting habits.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Preview

I'm not sure which one to select.
Just send or Read without using Preview seem like the same to me  Wink
Perhaps we should have a sometimes use preview?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

If the post contains links/quotes/pictures then I'll preview to make sure it looks OK.

Made some changes but could a Mod set so that previous voters can change their votes, please.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
If the post contains links/quotes/pictures then I'll preview to make sure it looks OK.

+1 so I've selected sometimes.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Quote from: Mav
Made some changes but could a Mod set so that previous voters can change their votes, please.
done
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Always preview.

It's amazing that, even after previewing, you notice mistakes and have to go back and edit.

Community Veteran

Indeed!
Dunno about anyone else but I find that when using M$ Word, the preview is OK but I never spot mistakes until reading a printed copy on a sheet of paper. It's as if the eyes can't spot stuff on the screen for some reason.
Community Veteran

I sometimes use preview depending on the content of my post.
shalom2010
Grafter

The amount of posts badly spelt or with awful grammar is what annoys me. It would be great if the forum had a spell + grammar check!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ditto @billnotben, if any formatting is in use, I always preview to make sure I didn't miss out a closing code.  / is what I usually miss from closing a quote/bold/italic wrapper.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

From a friend who used to run a printing business; "on no account should you proof-read your own work"
Certainly when writing articles for a website, no matter how many times I preview and re-read it, my friend will always find a quite legitimate error or two, be they grammar or punctuation.
Having said that I don't preview posts, but immediately read and edit if necessary (which I suppose is much the same thing). They just look "different" at the writing stage somehow.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Quote from: Gus
... always preview to make sure I didn't miss out a closing code.   / is what I usually miss from closing a quote/bold/italic wrapper.

That's why I always use the buttons above the write box - except, that is, for the URLs.

Community Veteran

Always look at preview to spot typos and to insert emoticons if required. Spell checker (Firefox) does seem to work in initial typing OK. Don't do anything like code at my state of incompetence! Sometimes I spot improvements to text which were caused by mind going faster than fingers (as you might have noticed!).
Roll eyes  Embarrassed  Crazy