cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressured into Microsoft

Fixes: 47

Pressured into Microsoft

I have bought a new Gigaset house phone which has Bluetooth and USB Cool
This enables synchronising of contact details and calendar etc Smiley........but only with Microsoft Outlook Angry
My Samsung mobile uses the Kies application on my PC to synchronise contacts and calendar Smiley.........but only with Microsoft Outlook Angry
Are these companies paid by Microsoft or are they totally oblivious to the fact that there are other contact management applications out there.
Needless to say I have reinstalled Outlook.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Pressured into Microsoft

Quote from: Strat
This enables synchronising of contact details and calendar etc Smiley........but only with Microsoft Outlook Angry

But what is there with linux? multiple OS's, multiple kernels, multiple address books (all of which probably use different data formats) and then many of linux's programs are a bit simpler and not as in depth as MS's programs.
I've never seen anything in linux that could match Outlook for instance. Certainly nothing with as many send options like receipts, delivery times etc.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

I was using Thunderbird but it's not supported in the sync apps I use.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

yeah there paid in a way, Ms lets them have the code licences for less money if they agree to only enable outlook ....
even funnier situation is that both apple and google pay Microsoft for various code licences (they pay them for some hardware ones as well) as someone once said why bother to re-invent the wheel when you can just use it for less
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you