cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

President Obama

Highlighted
Fixes: 459

Re: President Obama

I wonder what could have happened if Obama's swearing in had not been re-done correctly afterwards.
Maybe 6 months down the line someone becomes dissatisfied with his policies and moves to make his presidency null and void. Grin

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Grafter

It's early days of course but I'll be interested to see what the satirists/impressionists such as Rory Bremner and Jon Culshaw make of him now he is in office.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Guess it will be a little more time in make-up for them. Smiley I've seen Rory Bremner do Trevor McDonald in the past.  Jon Culshaw was asked what he thought on the BBC election show and he simply said 'strange'.
Highlighted
Grafter

No doubt they'll refer to change of course
jibjab.com don't have anything up yet but http://www.jibjab.com/originals/time_for_some_campaignin was quite good
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: techguy
I suppose its not a good start when you are awarded the Presidency by Court Order but why did they return this buffoon to power in 2004?

I asked a lot of Americans that question at the time and the majority answer was they did not want to change the Commander in Chief while they were at war.
Highlighted
Grafter

I kind of see the reasoning here but do you also think he benefited from the capture of Saddam Hussein as he always stated one of his aims was regime change.

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

George W. Bush & Tony Blair, told a lode of lies on Saddam Hussein, they wanted him DEAD from werd go!
This is my opinion only!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Guys,
Whilst we welcome good discussion about lots of different subjects, especially in the fairly relaxed Chat area of the board, I'd like to remind everyone of their responsibilities and not allow political discusssions to become too far deep-seated.
Gary - your comments about certain powers is unjustified, and unless you have concrete evidence, I would suggest you edit your post accordingly.
Don't make me get the giant padlock out because someone wants to try and make too much of a point.
Highlighted
Grafter

Think they just wanted him out of power and put on trial Gary but I can imagine the relatives of those who died on his orders were very happy.
:@Chemical Brother, please put the padlock away, yes we understand your point and that you are trying to discharge your duty as a mod, please allow us to steer the thread back onto the straight and narrow.  Smiley
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Chemical Brother, it is just my opinion only, and pleas put the padlock away.
Back on topik I was inprest with President Obama closing the prison camp in Guantánamo, good on him for doing that.