cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium rate numbers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Premium rate numbers

A while ago a member provided a link to alternative 0800 (or local rate) numbers instead of premium rate numbers, and I've lost the link, can anyone help please?
Prompted as I needed to call the DVLA over a serious driving licence issue, and was distressed to find that both calls have cost me over £10 each for mostly listening to the complex multi stage menus, one of which cut me off before getting to the option requested.
I don't recall if the DVLA were on the list, but since I need to call them again it would be nice to find out.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Premium rate numbers

Does this help? http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

I use the 'saynoto 0870' site a lot.  It doesn't work all the time but often a geographical number can be found.
Community Veteran

@Petlew, just noticed DVLA has a national rate number. Try 0300 790 6802. Hope it works.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Various numbers here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla depending on the 'department' you need.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Thanks gents, the 0300 790 6806 (vocational licence) was the one I wanted.
As an aside, DVLA (I'm told by them) don't have any premium rate numbers. However on the DVLA website, unless there's a very clever "scam" site, the only available is a premium rate number.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

Where did you get your numbers from as this page lists the number given by artmo along with other 0300 numbers. The only premium-rate number is for the Driver Check Service
Edit: Just seen this site which has the following:
*We are not associated, nor affiliated with the any government organisation but act simply as a cost effective call connection service.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

are 0300 numbers chargeable from plusnet ?Huh

No as they are part of the 01/02/03 inclusive calls if you are on one of those packages.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

TORPC
Grafter

Cheers Mav Wink
Community Veteran

Well just to clear this up, I Googled DVLA and down the list was a "contact DVLA" with this link: http://www.uk-helplines.co.uk/2.html
So I suppose it was my own fault really.
Advice; don't use this number unless you really like doubling your usual BT phone bill.

Sadly you missed the same disclaimer as I pointed out above Sad
In fact the postal addresses for both sites are the same so probably the same company 'legally' allowed to rip people off  Angry
Edit; Exactly how ringing a premium rate number at £1.53 pm is cost effective against an local-rated call which would be free to many is beyond me  Undecided