cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pppp!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Pppp!!

Since the three part series finished last night, did anybody else enjoy the Penguins -spy in the huddle-
Brilliant!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Pppp!!

I watched bits of It but got bored quickly, I guess I'm not one for penguins, I wish they would make wildlife programmes longer on the TV though. This 3 part/2 part/ special just Isn't enough!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What amazing stuff they do with robots in cameras, the filming was just brilliant.
Shows what strong feelings they have for their young although I guess this applies to most animals.
The Eggcam was picked up by a bird giving us a few aerial shots before being dropped and then pecked at by other birds.
Certainly agree we should have more types of programs like these.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Superb programmes, and I like David Tennant's narration too.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quite agree about David Tennant.
Made a nice change from the almost universal these days 2 second video bites that passes for programme editing. The background music wasn't over-powering either.
Historically penguins had a pretty brutal time of it when they were first discovered by sailor adventurers in Antarctica. Having no fear of man it was easy to simply walk among them and beat them to death. Used for food and oil.
Fortunately no species was taken to extinction.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.