cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power suppliers what a bunch of ***&*(&(*&(*!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Power suppliers what a bunch of ***&*(&(*&(*!

Just completed a move from npower to eon. I supplied them with meter readings but they (eon) sent an (electricity)  reading 1500 units HIGHER to npower. The result is that my finial bill is over £150 MORE than it should be, npower say that they cant do anything until eon tell them it is wrong (but in the mean time they will take MY MONEY) and eon say they need ANOTHER reading next week to confirm my consumption.
npower managed to muck up the final bills as well as I switched tariff in March BUT they didn't change my account, so the gas bill is wrong (even though the reading was correct) but they say it will be the 8th JULY before they can correct this, in the mean time I have to pay the finial bill....  Crazy
So do I cancel the DD and let them send me a paper bill (as opposed to my online bill) and refuse to pay till I get a CORRECT bill? Or do I let them take the money and claim a refund when they finally get it right (IF EVER) Shocked
What I don't want to happen is to ruin my credit rating by canceling the DD, even though I am in the right here. Embarrassed
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Power suppliers what a bunch of ***&*(&(*&(*!

do not cancel the DD, use the DD guarantee
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

How do I do that?
Fixes: 125

Contact your bank on the day the DD has been paid and tell them the amount taken is wrong. They then have to refund the money immediately and it is up to the bank to recoup that from the power co.
Once you've done this I suggest you write to the power co giving them ,say, 7 days to sort things out. Send the letter Recorded Delivery.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: biker955
npower managed to muck up the final bills as well as I switched tariff in March BUT they didn't change my account, so the gas bill is wrong (even though the reading was correct) but they say it will be the 8th JULY before they can correct this, in the mean time I have to pay the finial bill....  Crazy

Have you read the small print. I change tariffs 2 to 3 months ago and also in the process of moving energy company. But before I did so I read the small print for E-on and saw that they would revert the final bill to the standard rate and not the cheaper tariff that I had switched to. As I was near the end of the quarter I did not request a move of energy company until I received the bill from E-on for the last quarter. Npower could do the same thing.
Community Veteran

Ok but they changed to it to the NEW tariff for the whole period (8 months) (this is actually cheaper  Cheesy BUT I don't want them coming back and saying you owe us £xxx later)
But my major issue with them is this 1500 EXTRA units they want to change me for.