Potholes

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Potholes

Hi All
Middlesbrough Council has set up a Pothole Hotline on: 0800 0136001
Report any potholes to the Environmental Services
Middlesbrough Council's Highways will be Running this service for the next 2 months, so if you are driving thru Middlesbrough and you see or hit a Pothole give Middlesbrough Council a ring on: 0800 0136001
It was on BBC Look North.
17 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Potholes

In Sheffield it's harder to spot a piece of tarmac than a pothole Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Here in Essex we have excellent service on pothole repair.  You have to phone or email the department at County Hall and from my experience of reporting potholes the repair is done within a few days.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Ah yes but Essex is an affluent area full of bankers and rich toffs etc - more money to pay for repairs via tax etc.
Try some other counties and you'll be lucky to get a "Thanks for letting us know". They treat you like a pest instead.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

Quote from: okrzynska
Ah yes but Essex is an affluent area full of bankers and rich toffs etc - more money to pay for repairs via tax etc.
Nothing wrong with that If after all they are paying for such a great service.
Community Veteran

Try some other counties and you'll be lucky to get a "Thanks for letting us know". They treat you like a pest instead.

One of your usual pessimistic replies.  Essex is not a high taxed county, just an efficient one.  The County Council tax on my property for this year is £1328 (band E). What is yours?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont have any trouble with Potholes in Middlesborough, always take the fast route A19 past it
Fixes: 125

Quote from: artmo

One of your usual pessimistic replies.  Essex is not a high taxed county, just an efficient one.  The County Council tax on my property for this year is £1328 (band E). What is yours?

Band E in my area, Thanet, is over £1800  Shocked
I wouldn't say this is an affluent area, though.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: pierre_pierre
dont have any trouble with Potholes in Middlesborough, always take the fast route A19 past it

pierre_pierre
Grafter

four times this year so far  Grin
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Band E in my area, Thanet, is over £1800  Shocked
I wouldn't say this is an affluent area, though.

Wow!!  that is high.
Community Veteran

Band E for derbyshire dales is over £1800, but it's not very crowded, so not many folk to pay for road maintenance
Fixes: 125

For which the Road Tax should be used Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The government has provided £831M for road maintenance this year and as a result of the bad winter added another £100M to this figure at the end of February.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo

I'll decline to comment on our area or its charge since we're not in the same band anyway. From what you hear of Essex on TV it is an affluent area. If you think I'm being pessimistic because of that and then you admit to a Band E property then you would appear to have some kind of vendetta against me. I'm not being pessimistic artmo, I'm just speaking it as it is. Essex is known for being an affluent area. You try to deny it yet you live in what many of us would call a luxury Band E? They may also be very efficient, I can't argue with that but at the same time affluent areas do seem to be better looked after by the government than the poorer areas.
The next comment about the other counties was true. Where we are they don't give a rats about potholes. I've reported the same ones over 6 times and they're still there.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!