Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potholes, everybody's favorite.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Potholes, everybody's favorite.

Everybody's favorite subject, by not mine especially when one is right outside my front gate and I get caught out with a faceful of water from a passing car if it's been raining and I don't hear it coming.

Three weeks after a letter to the Council and no reply from their highways department, returned from a short break to find their guys have been and only half filled that three inch deep pothole. Small mercies n all that and better than a poke in the eye, but why on earth can they not do a proper dig out and repair job as instead of some half hearted 'ticky tacky sticky stuff'.

Surely that makes more sense than having to call them back as I will do in time and in short order.

Madness. Crazy2

IMG_3050-min 2.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
idonno
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Potholes, everybody's favorite.

That's a small one. We have mine shafts round here....... although it looks like they are going to resurface the entire road shortly. Lots of lines have appeared on the road. Smiley Hooray!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Just get a tin of road paint and draw something phallic around it until they fix it properly... Grin

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

Er... should some thing phallic be in the hole, not around it?FunnyP1110103a-1068x801Potholes, try Kenya, where off the few main roads they're filled with what comes to hand time after time.

Anyone for tennis dodgems? Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Luzern wrote:

Er... should some thing phallic be in the hole, not around it?Funny

As the wife exclaimed to her husband; "Wrong hole!!!!!!" Funny

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@idonno 

Size is not everything Wink

....and not when it fills up with water and I get what feels like a bucket of water over me. Maybe I should get them to make it deeper so the water can just drain away Grin

idonno
Pro
Fixes: 2

@Luzern wrote::P1110103a-1068x801Potholes, try Kenya, where off the few main roads they're filled with what comes to hand time after time.

Don't know about Kenya but that's the sort we get round these parts. Lethal on a motorbike. Last one (series of them) I reported was at a T junction. Yep, they filled in the holes but did they do anything about the loose gravel, not a hope. 

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Minesapint
Grafter

No potholes around h

e

r

e

Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Oh, what's occurin, plastic pothole filler being tried out here in Wales!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmdl4mt_p0c

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Couple of bags of tarmack from your local diy store.....,Job done !

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

No excuse for potholes, there are a number of gangs in this area who have some tarmack 'left over' after finishing a job and we can do your drive "For a good price Sir"