Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pot calls kettle black.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Pot calls kettle black.

Britain 'too lazy and fat', says tubby Trade Secretary Liam Fox. Really?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37324491

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Pot calls kettle black.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that article.

The real reason the EU is so popular with MP's.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Did I hear right, that he claimed only 11% of businesses exported, presumably he meant manufacturing? I've a feeling that claim is either mischievous or ignorant. Firstly I doubt every manufacturing business makes products that have any potential market for their product, at least directly. Secondly the majority of businesses are small.

Perhaps it's better he's in politics than medicine, if his diagnoses  and prescriptions were of similar character.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Luzern wrote:
Perhaps it's better he's in politics than medicine, if his diagnoses  and prescriptions were of similar character.

At least in medicine he could be struck off, unlike in politicks where they can do what they want, screw over the nation and retire with a huge pension...

St3
All Star

Maybe if they would prevent all these takeaway shops opeining on every street then maybe many people wouldnt be so fat

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

And maybe our leaders should ban sarcasm and have bad hairdos and test nukes under our soil... Grin

Community Veteran

I know where he is coming from in the 1970s and 80s I was working in export and there were a lot of government sponsored schemes to get companies to get into exporting particularly if they hadn't considered it before and post Brexit we need to get back to those ways. I remember going on a trade mission with a guy who made rosettes for county fairs who found his products very popular overseas completely against his expectations.
I also remember buy British campaigns and Import substitution campaigns which are illegal under EU rules which should be brought back
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

PeterLoftus wrote:
I also remember buy British campaigns and Import substitution campaigns which are illegal under EU rules which should be brought back

Yes positive discrimination for British products in Britain.Thumbs Up

Minivanman
Hero

@Luzern

"Perhaps it's better he's in politics than medicine...... "

He's a graduate of the baked bean school of medicine and one who follows the theory that whatever is wrong with the patient baked beans are prescribed. Only three things can then happen.

1) The patient gets better, in which case your diagnosis and treatment was spot on.

2) The patient gets worse, in which case you just prescribe more beans

3) The patient dies........ in which case they should have come to see you earlier! 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Isn't he the chap who got into hot water for taking a "friend" as an advisor during foreign business trips Gov't business? He may not be the best to offer wise advice.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

These are the real facts about the speech delivered without notes to a private gathering of Eurosceptic MPs http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/liam-fox-right-need-talk-britains-trade-problem/

I am driven to ask why is our public broadcaster keeping up this anti Brexit dialogue against the expressed will of the people?
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra